The Official Tennessee vs. #11 Kansas Game Thread, 12:00pm ET, ESPN

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 2-1 (0-0 SEC)

346-x5LJL.AuSt.55.jpeg

vs.

#11 Kansas Jayhawks: 3-1 (0-0 Big 12)

hi-res-9f7aeff48eee167a651b63b07c3f331b_crop_north.jpg

12:00 PM ET, November 28, 2014
HP Field House, Orlando, Florida

Line: -
O/U: -

TV: ESPN
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Siruis: Ch 91
Online: WatchESPN.com

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Here's hoping for a fast start, and a competitive game from start to finish. Would do wonders for this teams confidence early in the season.

Reactions: 4 people
One thing we have all learned. From one basketball game to the next is completely different. I don't know what to expect from UT. 3 games is just not enough to get a feel for this team. And Kansas gets blown out by Kentucky. Kentucky has to come from behind against Buffalo. So the UK Kansas game is a weird one to go by. But Kansas loomed sharp against Rhode Island. So tomorrow I honestly have no idea what to think. A fast start would help. Defense has to be spot on to start. Hopefully they are not raining threes.

Here's hoping for a fast start, and a competitive game from start to finish. Would do wonders for this teams confidence early in the season.

I'm with you, but it's yet to happen to this point.

Tennessee (2-1) has outscored foes by an average of 8.0 points in second halves. The problem is that the Volunteers have been outscored by an average of 7.0 in the first half.

Give the Vols their first win streak of the season.

Make Tennessee 11-15 all-time against current members of the Big 12 Conference.

Give Donnie Tyndall a 1-2 head coaching record against current Big 12 schools.

Make the Vols 4-1 all-time at this event; Tennessee posted a 2-1 record at the 2008 Old Spice Classic.

Upset hoped for but not expected. UT clearly is a work in progress and that's all I hope to see....progress. Oh....and someone to step up at the point and give josh a break.

Reactions: 3 people
Tbis would be a big win for this teams confidence. And I don't blame their slow first half start on the defense, with the exception of leaving the corner 3 wide open.(please start recognizing him sooner) It has been a slow offensive start due to not making shots that has really hurt.

So here to a quick offensive start and winning the rebounding battle.

GBO

Fast start, win rebounding battle, limit fouls and make 50% of 3's we can win! Of course most teams would win doing these things:)

Kansas is also a work in progress. Difference is they are working with Mustangs and we have Pinto's. But there is a possibility of a good game. Tennessee has so called shooters. Let's hope the shots fall today.

And on a side note. Let's give Richardson some much needed respect. This is for all the guys that were complaining when a non known 2*/3* from Oklahoma was signed. And now he is the real leader of this team. There are some talented guys in college right now. But my 12 man roster could not leave Richardson off. He is a gamer. Really good defender. And could play himself into a backup point at the next level.

And Moore. Continues to get better every game. He has clearly put in the work. Much respect for Armani.

Let's get a win today Vols.

I would be happy with a competitive game, and a win on Sunday against Marquette (probable)

I think we have a great chance if their three point shooting is off today. I hope they can't make one while we nail 10.

Get a big W today and then win against Vandy on Saturday (football) and then win the championship on Sunday. What a weekend that would be. Go vols

KU made 8 3s against Rhode Island. They will probably make more than that against us then.

VN Store

Back