Mike Sawyers Gone?

VolnJC

Mike Sawyers Jr @MikeSawyers_75
· 2h 2 hours ago
It's difficult starting over, but thats better than going backwards

He was rumored to be leaving WAY before the recent three...a Tweet referring to "starting over" doesn't need much fleshing out.

This staff has got to do a better job of developing depth. Cannot do that at all, if most of your defensive starters are playing EVERY freakin snap. That shiz has got to stop.

Fulmer was usually pretty big on leaning on his upperclassmen, too, but he would let the 2nd and 3rd team players get a decent amount of reps when he could. Janzek in particular has been really bad this year about leaving many of the defensive starters in the whole game.

That approach is killing the depth they always preach about.

Reactions: 3 people
This staff has got to do a better job of developing depth. Cannot do that at all, if most of your defensive starters are playing EVERY freakin snap. That shiz has got to stop.

Fulmer was usually pretty big on leaning on his upperclassmen, too, but he would let the 2nd and 3rd team players get a decent amount of reps when he could. Janzek in particular has been really bad this year about leaving many of the defensive starters in the whole game.

That approach is killing the depth they always preach about.

Typically the 2-3 deep get in for relief at most when we're losing or in a close game. You'll note that we didn't blow too many folks out of the water this year, which would've granted our underclassmen some quality (garbage) time in the late 3rd/early 4th. BUT our upperclassmen have been beat out by many younger players, so there is plenty of opportunity for the hungry, determined players.

Reactions: 7 people
Meh, I hate to add fuel to the fire but Callahan said nothing had been decided for sure yet.

"Sawyers' status is up the air right now. Nothing, to my knowledge, has been decided one way or the other."

According to the rumors (and I feel I need to put that disclaimer in there) the kid was upset and disgruntled this year but eventually came around and it seemed like everything was better with him. He missed practice with some respiratory problems (they thought might be pneumonia) but was still though to be part of the team. As far as I'm aware Sawyers will be back but the Callahan quote suggests there is some possibility that he may not be.

Grown men following boys on twitter.. Classic... This has replaced getting your yearbook signed

I don't follow any recruits/players on Twitter..guy that I do follow retweeted it and it showed up on my #Vols timeline

VN Store

Back