Janzen Jackson Story - Sad

I still keep up with this brother Dez on facebook. He is a great guy and just got engaged.

Makes me wonder if anyone could have reached him. Being here at our most tumultuous era was almost certainly toxic.

So many people in this world are super talented but they never reach their full potential because they are self-destructive. Athletes, politicians, actors, singers, etc. Gambling, drugs, domestic violence, fights at clubs, rape, tax evasion or just out right scandals or bad behavior.
Art Schleister, Tiger Woods, Cecil Collins, D. Strawberry, etc. etc. Once their 2nd & 3rd chances are used up, they realize that they wasted their talents and their chances in life.

Reactions: 3 people
Makes me wonder if anyone could have reached him. Being here at our most tumultuous era was almost certainly toxic.

A coach that took an interest in him as more than just a football player could have helped him. Neither of the coaches he had here did that.

Reactions: 8 people
A coach that took an interest in him as more than just a football player could have helped him. Neither of the coaches he had here did that.

I get what you're saying but we'll never know if that would have made a difference or not. It's just a shame to see that kind of potential go to waste.

So many people in this world are super talented but they never reach their full potential because they are self-destructive. Athletes, politicians, actors, singers, etc. Gambling, drugs, domestic violence, fights at clubs, rape, tax evasion or just out right scandals or bad behavior.
Art Schleister, Tiger Woods, Cecil Collins, D. Strawberry, etc. etc. Once their 2nd & 3rd chances are used up, they realize that they wasted their talents and their chances in life.

I would say Woods is an exception. Other than the whole mistresses scandal, he has been a role model.

Thank you. This was my point. :hi:

This part of your comment...

Being here at our most tumultuous era was almost certainly toxic.

...is what stood out. Dude is sitting in prison for murder. They have film of him dragging the body out of the hotel or apartment. This didn't start with "being here at our most tumultuous era".

Reactions: 4 people
I actually had 2 classes at UT with Janzen. One was a "class" that was filled with 90% athletes that I actually needed for my major. I had a group project with Janzen, Malik Jackson, and a baseball player (can't remember his name). From the first time I worked with him, you could almost tell that something bad was going to happen with him. Super nice guy, but always had a look about him that made you wonder. You could also get a contact buzz sitting in the same room with him most days he made it to class. Sad story all the way around.

I actually had 2 classes at UT with Janzen. One was a "class" that was filled with 90% athletes that I actually needed for my major. I had a group project with Janzen, Malik Jackson, and a baseball player (can't remember his name). From the first time I worked with him, you could almost tell that something bad was going to happen with him. Super nice guy, but always had a look about him that made you wonder. You could also get a contact buzz sitting in the same room with him most days he made it to class. Sad story all the way around.

Sidenote: We need to give Malik Jackson more credit than he gets now. Don't know what he saw in UT coming from USC, but he has made a solid NFL career after becoming a VFL in my book. Awesome guy.

Reactions: 7 people
You guys blaming Dooley or Kiffy are reaching a bit, sure they probably didnt help the situation but the kid was 20 something years old he was only at UT for 2 years max most of his life and influence came elsewhere.

Reactions: 2 people
So many people in this world are self-destructive. Athletes, politicians, actors, normal people, singers, etc. Gambling, drugs, domestic violence, fights at clubs, rape, tax evasion or just out right scandals or bad behavior.
Art Schleister, Tiger Woods, Cecil Collins, D. Strawberry, and millions and millions of normal people etc. etc. Once their 2nd & 3rd chances are used up, they realize that they wasted their talents and their chances in life.

fyp. There are thousands of "ordinary" people in jail with JJ. You just don't hear about them.

This part of your comment...

...is what stood out. Dude is sitting in prison for murder. They have film of him dragging the body out of the hotel or apartment. This didn't start with "being here at our most tumultuous era".

I think his point was that some environments would be a stable, positive place that MIGHT help a troubled kid back on the right track, or a least not make his troubles worse. He wasn't in one of those environments while he was in Knoxville.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back