#11 Lady Vols Stifle #7 Stanford In 59-40 Win

This is rediculus... We only won by 19...
Fire holy
Fire Dave hart...
Hell fire butch jones too...

Can't believe she's still coaching...

What this shows is there is more parity in women's basketball than men's.

Uconn lost to Stanford who lost to UTC who beat UT but today lost to UT who lost to UTC

I'm not a fan of holly warlick. I see recruiting down. She did well her first year but that was with pats talent.

Here's a question for u lady vol gurus... What schools offered holly a head job while she was pats asst. I would think if she was really good somebody could have snagged her. Now she could also have stayed waiting in pat to retire. But without illness pat may have gone 5-7 more years.

Excellent D and effort. Benefited from a Stanford team that looked like they were glued to the floor at times and that could not make anything. LVs shot 38% on their home floor - that loses to a lot of good teams. But Stanford shot even worse at 25%. Ariel was the difference in the second half. 18 points in 22 minutes is a big time contribution.

No matter how excited we are about the win over Stanford, and we should be, we are a work in progress. Shooting around 38% is not a reason to believe we can take on all comers. We have progressed on defense, but on offense we take bad shots, few of our players can buy an outside shot, we have far too many turnovers, and simply make it tough for our inside game to fully develop. The parts are there,however, the problem is finding a combination that can score, rebound and play defense.

VN Store

Back