tough day for the SEC

Darth_Vol

In a matchup of top 5 teams, A&M squanders a great opportunity with a double digit second half lead and gives up a layup with 4 seconds to lose by 2 to Texas.

Kentucky goes to Duke and gets absolutely crushed in a game that was never competitive.

In a matchup of top 5 teams, A&M squanders a great opportunity with a double digit second half lead and gives up a layup with 4 seconds to lose by 2 to Texas.

Kentucky goes to Duke and gets absolutely crushed in a game that was never competitive.

That was a good game too, wow. Walker disappeared, and their post production has been their achilles heel since Kelsey Bone left, if they had a post player watch out, which leaves the door open for the lady vols.

Vandy lost to Dayton.

Kentucky looked horrible, Duke freshman looked nice.

Last edited:
Imposters all. The Lady Vols will win the East and West. :pepper: :wavey:

GO Lady Vols!

I usually cheer for the SEC but no way I can cheer for Matthew Mitchell and KY and that WWE style of defense he teaches.

Reactions: 4 people

Meh, it's a long season. Teams (SEC) will lose games throughout the season. Some teams have a hard time getting pumped up for every game. There'll be distractions along the way.

I usually cheer for the SEC but no way I can cheer for Matthew Mitchell and KY and that WWE style of defense he teaches.

Just because he teaches jumping on backs, elbows everywhere, and a few dirty tricks, don't be so hard on him...he has to find some way to compete against better teams.:) jk But I still pull for an SEC team; SOS for us. Yes, he's a jerk.

RollerVol said:
Imposters all. The Lady Vols will win the East and West.

GO Lady Vols!

I like the way you think! Win the SEC regular season and the tourney.

Reactions: 1 person
Just because he teaches jumping on backs, elbows everywhere, and a few dirty tricks, don't be so hard on him...he has to find some way to compete against better teams.:) jk But I still pull for an SEC team; SOS for us. Yes, he's a jerk.

He seems like a nice guy. Nicer than Cal for sure imo. Never seen him as a jerk, but idk. The style he coaches is hard to watch sometimes, but he's always seemed like a good guy to be around.

Fwiw at least.

Right now South Carolina appears to be the class of the SEC. If we can find some offense I see us as a major challenge to USC as the top team.

He seems like a nice guy. Nicer than Cal for sure imo. Never seen him as a jerk, but idk. The style he coaches is hard to watch sometimes, but he's always seemed like a good guy to be around.

Fwiw at least.

He's a nice guy to talk to, but after his comments at the tourney last year he earned the title jerk. He does teach a rough style of basketball and shouldn't complain when it comes back on him; I've pulled for KY the last few years (after the LVs of course), a lot because of Kyra and Shannon; also met some of the girls a few years ago at the tourney (stayed at the hotel with them, ate breakfast with them, etc.) and really liked them. I will always pull for an SEC team unless it is a case where them losing causes UT to advance. Heck, I even pull for FL when they play outside the SEC. Now that takes some effort!

Right now South Carolina appears to be the class of the SEC. If we can find some offense I see us as a major challenge to USC as the top team.

TAMU looks good, too. They've only lost to Texas so far this year, who seems pretty legit so far this season.

If Tennessee beats TAMU in a few weeks, I think that Tennessee can put November behind them.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, the Sec is looking like a three team race Tenn, SC & TAMU. May the best team win.

OSU's post will be a good test to get ready for SC posts.

South Carolina has the #1 rank but have they really shown anyone anything yet? They played a team ranked in the top 25 and one in the top 10 and both games were decided by 4 points or less. We'll know a lot more about them from January 11th onward when they start playing ranked teams again.

South Carolina has the #1 rank but have they really shown anyone anything yet? They played a team ranked in the top 25 and one in the top 10 and both games were decided by 4 points or less. We'll know a lot more about them from January 11th onward when they start playing ranked teams again.

Beating Duke at Duke is a pretty tall order.

All joking aside....South Carolina is still a work in progress too. We also have Jatarie White a 6'4" freshman that has not played because of an ankle injury. She was the 5th rated player coming out of high school last year. We will get better as the years goes on ( everybody does) and with our depth should be at least on par with UCONN if not better....JMO....

TAMU looks good, too. They've only lost to Texas so far this year, who seems pretty legit so far this season.

Yeah not so much. Lost in the UConn-Duke massacre was the fact that A&M got their butts handed to them by unranked Washington. The SEC overall continues to look unimpressive...

Yeah not so much. Lost in the UConn-Duke massacre was the fact that A&M got their butts handed to them by unranked Washington. The SEC overall continues to look unimpressive...

I saw that. Quite surprising. Gary Blair should be fired immediately.

VN Store

Back