Mike DeBord it is .. Azzani to move on. (unconfirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

volmandu

Mike DeBord will be announced the new OC of Tennessee Vols on Monday. DeBord really impressed Butch Jones during the interview and Butch seems to like DeBord's vision for UT's offense.
Azzani will reportedly leave regardless of if he gets CMU job or not. He isnt very pleased with not getting serious consideration for the job.

Charlie Baggett is in consideration for return to Volunteer staff again.

If you want to know source of this information, wait until tomorrow afternoon when DeBord is announced and few days until other two are verified.

Reactions: 5 people
Really. Old Butch is going to take some heavy criticism. Also Preston Williams might leave if Azzani is going.

Reactions: 4 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 58 people
Please excuse me while I go throw up. Well on second thought maybe I'll just jump and get it over with.

Reactions: 2 people
"The Nations BEST Coaching Staff"

Sorry...here's the direct quote:

The 44-year-old certainly was bold in predicting the end result for the second phase of the process.

"I can assure you," Jones said at his introductory news conference on Friday afternoon in Neyland Stadium's luxurious locker room, "we will put together the best football staff in the country.

"Not just the Southeastern Conference, but the entire country."

Last edited:
I have no problem with Charlie Baggett returning. He brings excellent credentials- maybe we are seeing a move to a more pro-style offense or the very least a more "centered" run-game and throwing the ball downfield.

Hope the media asks Butch and Dave all the hard questions at the podium regarding this hire then. I mean, I don't expect them to answer them straight, just give a bunch of typical colloquialisms, but I hope they are asked.

OK, not searching threads for hours while info is still coming out. What does the Nation thin of Debord, and why would Azzani leave, thought this staff was like "Family" ? Looks like to me the family doesn't like the fact that bUTch is getting all the credit and they get the blame left over. I want to hear all different opinions as I know nothing about Debord.

Mike DeBord will be announced the new OC of Tennessee Vols on Monday. DeBord really impressed Butch Jones during the interview and Butch seems to like DeBord's vision for UT's offense.
Azzani will reportedly leave regardless of if he gets CMU job or not. He isnt very pleased with not getting serious consideration for the job.

Charlie Baggett is in consideration for return to Volunteer staff again.

If you want to know source of this information, wait until tomorrow afternoon when DeBord is announced and few days until other two are verified.

So who is gonna coach quarterbacks?

Losing azzani for damn mike debord. Man that stings. Impressed ol butch so much that he didn't even interview another candidate. Not the greatest of strategies when conducting business.

Hope the media asks Butch and Dave all the hard questions at the podium regarding this hire then. I mean, I don't expect them to answer them straight, just give a bunch of typical colloquialisms, but I hope they are asked.
I guess that the head coach should not be allowed to hire whomever he pleases? He must clear it with the fans, or face tough questions.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back