'16 GA OT Devin Cochran

BigVol80

Fulmer for Life
DEVIN-COCHRAN-150112-PRO.JPG

Offensive Tackle
Norcross, GA (Greater Atlanta Christian School)
Ht: 6-7 | Wt: 300

Hudl

☆☆☆☆☆ 247

☆☆☆☆☆ Rivals

1/23/2015: Tennessee Volunteers offer Devin Cochran

Reactions: 5 people
Used to be a bball player, so is still very raw in technique but you can't teach size like that. Good looking T project.

this is a guy that I'd love to get in the next class. We'll have the best defensive line in the nation for this guy to practice against and if butch can work his magic with this guy (and as a whole on the o-line) it's going to be amazing. I know it's been stated before but I am very glad in being able to recruit and land big time prospects. It will not be long until we're back where we, belong GBO

Reactions: 1 person
Yes I do understand that being 6"7 doesn't mean that he's athletic but his film is very impressive. Sir you have officially lost your boom privileges when this guy commits :)

You do know that being 6'-7" doesn't automatically mean your athletic right?
Seems like it would have been pretty easy to deduce that he was "athletic" though if you would have just a) watched his film, b) read the thread and noticed he was a bbal convert. :hi:

Did you not watch his film ? Looks like you just want to be That Guy today ! Some people just have to be a smarta$$ .:bad:

Sorry - wasn't trying to rustle your jimmies here. I didn't see any film link and noticed he hadn't been evaluated yet in football hense the tapping of the brakes.

Hope your proven correct and he's a 5* talent who signs with the Vols!

Devin Cochran, a teammate of Tennessee cornerback signee Micah Abernathy, received his first offer from the Vols less than a month ago and added an offer from Vanderbilt just four days later. He's expected to be one of the top offensive linemen from the state of Georgia in the 2016 class.

The 6-foot-7, 300-pound Cochran said he "should be going" to Tennessee on Saturday "if the weather holds up."

Anybody know if he made it in?

He did not make it in last time due to the weather, but he's visiting this weekend.

“Them being the first school that offered me really caught my attention the most,” said Cochran, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 661 overall prospect and No. 54 offensive tackle in the 247Sports Composite for the 2016 class. “I’m not saying it was a number-one school for me, but I’ve really come to look at them as a really good school.

“Just looking over their new class that’s coming for them, I know they’re going to be just a really powerful school this year.”

Other schools, including Georgia, recently have taken notice of him, too.

“To be honest, I wasn’t expecting (an offer from Georgia) at all,” said Cochran, who added an offer from the Bulldogs on Feb. 21. “But it and Tennessee are two of my biggest offers, and when Georgia offered, my whole family and I, we were all really excited. We didn’t want to make any decisions or do anything irrational, but we all figured that it was going to be a huge choice for me, as well.”

Ryan Callahan

Per Hubbs

Devin Cochran, another jumbo offensive lineman from Georgia, is also scheduled to be in town this weekend. Cochran is a teammate for Tennessee signee Micah Abernathy and that certainly helps. The home-state Georgia Bulldogs offered recently and they are going to be viewed as a contender, but Tennessee was on him early and are certainly in the thick of things early on here. He could be someone Tennessee takes a big step forward with this weekend.

Basically, pay Hubbs some money so he can tell you nothing but make it look like he is telling you a bunch.

You must read from the same verbatim response book that some others used that had a problem with receiving free information. Be pretty boring if all we had was people that aren't anywhere as close to the program as they would have people believe be the only posters that brought information here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
You must read from the same verbatim response book that some others used that had a problem with receiving free information. Be pretty boring if all we had was people that aren't anywhere as close to the program as they would have people believe be the only posters that brought information here.

Free info doesn't bother me.
You also have to understand Hubbs position too. He isn't going to be give his full knowledge or opinion. TIFWIW

"It was a great experience," Cochran said. "I love the coaching staff
and the facilities were amazing. Everything about it felt just right
and I liked it a lot." "I walked in and saw that huge amazing facility," Cochran said. "The
stadium and the weight room. It was all impressive."

"Coach Jones had already offered me and for us it was just getting to
further our relationship," Cochran said. "We talked about upcoming
dates and visits and when I might be able to come back up for a visit
again."

"They were my first offer so I already had interest in them," Cochran
said. "But coming up here and seeing the school definitely furthered
my interest in them and made me like the school a whole lot more. The
are definitely one of my top schools."

"One of my strong suits is pass blocking," Cochran said. "I have good
footwork and I set back in my pass block and I have a long frame. It's
hard to get around me. I'm also pretty good at run blocking, but I'd
like to get more aggressive in that regard. Work on getting lower and
improve my steps while I'm run blocking."

-VQ

Cochran plans to be back soon, possibly for the spring game.

VN Store

Back