I Hope Everyone Realizes This...

Maybe.

I'd like to see both with a full roster. It would be a great game.

I thought the tell tale sign was team control...it is obvious Donnie has control of his team...Bruce doesn't. Flagrant fouls tell me as much about player control as a blood test tells me about the body.

Donnie has a more talented roster overall. It'll be a more interesting matchup when they both have the players they really want at each position. Hopefully, it won't be long till both Donnie and Bruce are the preeminent coaches in the SEC. I'm tired of seeing Crapilari and Donovan get all the national media coverage.

Reactions: 4 people
Donnie has a more talented roster overall. It'll be a more interesting matchup when they both have the players they really want at each position. Hopefully, it won't be long till both Donnie and Bruce are the preeminent coaches in the SEC. I'm tired of seeing Crapilari and Donovan get all the national media coverage.

Capillary??

Why would we hope Pearl is a preeminent coach in the league? Get over that bum.

And Donnie doesn't have a more talented team than anyone.

Reactions: 12 people
I thought the tell tale sign was team control...it is obvious Donnie has control of his team...Bruce doesn't. Flagrant fouls tell me as much about player control as a blood test tells me about the body.

We have less talented players than most in the SEC, yet DT brings out the best in them. He's winning with pretty much little talent

The problem is, we have more talent than they do, and its really not that close. Auburn is in a bad way. The kid who got the flagrant wouldn't be playing if they had depth, we've seen Pearl suspend players for less himself when he was here.

When both teams have 3 recruiting classes under their belt, then we decide who the strategist/coach is, because so far, CBPs first year is still better than Tyndalls. Donnie T is our future and has done some great things, but he's not beaten a top 5/6 team in their house, into the ground, like Pearl did to Texas.

Yes, Pearl had more talent, but that Texas team was better than any team we've played this year so far.

Reactions: 1 person
The problem is, we have more talent than they do, and its really not that close. Auburn is in a bad way. The kid who got the flagrant wouldn't be playing if they had depth, we've seen Pearl suspend players for less himself when he was here.

When both teams have 3 recruiting classes under their belt, then we decide who the strategist/coach is, because so far, CBPs first year is still better than Tyndalls. Donnie T is our future and has done some great things, but he's not beaten a top 5/6 team in their house, into the ground, like Pearl did to Texas.

Yes, Pearl had more talent, but that Texas team was better than any team we've played this year so far.

Comparing Tyndall's first year to Pearl's first year is not even close to fair.

Reactions: 5 people
that CDT outcoached the pants off CBP today...he is the 2nd best strategist in the SEC.

Outcoached is a tad extreme. Without the boneheaded technical foul and flagrant by Reed and the intentional foul, that game is much more closer than we would've liked down the stretch and might have even been a loss.

Reactions: 4 people
Auburn is in a bad way. The kid who got the flagrant wouldn't be playing if they had depth....

Tennessee is not a terribly talented team and Auburn has a few scorers, but the talent disparity is not that great except for Tennessee having the best player on the floor today (Richardson). Also, what you said in the above quote could be said for Carmichael and Owens.

Most of our team consists of JUCO/Southern Miss leftovers. Auburn has the SEC's leading scorer last year (KT Harrell) and the top JUCO player (Bowers). They have more talent than us, yet Donnie continues to win in the SEC and beat one of the best coaches in basketball today. Let's also not forget, at one point, we only 4 players left on the team after Cuonzo left. The fact that Tyndall has won this many games and has us in the top tier of the SEC standings is beyond amazing.

Reactions: 2 people
Im curious, what makes him one of the best coaches in the country? His short stint at Tennessee? Not sure that warrants that praise.

Most of our team consists of JUCO/Southern Miss leftovers. Auburn has the SEC's leading scorer last year (KT Harrell) and the top JUCO player (Bowers). They have more talent than us, yet Donnie continues to win in the SEC and beat one of the best coaches in basketball today. Let's also not forget, at one point, we only 4 players left on the team after Cuonzo left. The fact that Tyndall has won this many games and has us in the top tier of the SEC standings is beyond amazing.

You ought to check out what Sadler has left down at USM.

:)

Outcoached is a tad extreme. Without the boneheaded technical foul and flagrant by Reed and the intentional foul, that game is much more closer than we would've liked down the stretch and might have even been a loss.

We need to send Reed a thank you note. Not saying we would have lost otherwise, but he did his best to make sure we won. 2 momentum swings because he was a bonehead.

I love CDT. But I wouldn't say he out coached Pearl today. Pearl has a depleted roster. However, I do think both coaches are very similar in coaching ability as well as style (in some areas). Should make for great matchups for years to come.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back