The Official Tennessee vs Vanderbilt Game Thread, 7:00pm ET, ESPN2

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 14-12 (6-8 SEC)

tennesseemississippipk8354906262_t1070_hc48dc9fd5d2ce7b22f2341634ee750e40f5fcd28.jpg

vs.

Vandebilt Commodores: 15-12 (5-9 SEC)

CBK_201502211504542571443-P5_0.JPEG

7:00 PM ET, February 26, 2015
Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville, Tennessee

Line: UT -1
O/U:

TV: ESPN2
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: N/A
Online: WatchESPN

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee is looking to snap a rare three-game home losing streak.

Just 181.63 miles separate UT's Thompson-Boling Arena in Knoxville and Vanderbilt's Memorial Gymnasium in Nashville.

The Vols have won eight of their last 10 home games against Vanderbilt, dating to 2005.

Tennessee's strength-of-schedule ranks 10th nationally according to ESPN's BPI.

A win would give UT its fifth season sweep over the Commodores in the last 10 years (Vanderbilt has just one series sweep during that span; 2010).

Make Donnie Tyndall 32-16 as a Division I head coach against teams from the state of Tennessee.

Give the Vols a 20-13 record against Kevin Stallings coached teams (20-12 with Stallings as Vandy’s coach).

Give UT its fifth season sweep over the Commodores in the last 10 years (Vanderbilt has just one series sweep during that span; 2010).

Overall: Tennessee leads 115-71, dating to 1922

In Knoxville: UT leads, 70-17

In Nashville: Vandy leads, 53-39

Neutral Sites: UT leads, 6-1

Current Streak: Tennessee has won two

Last Meeting: Tennessee won, 76-73, in Nashville 2/11/15

Tyndall vs. Stallings: Tied, 1-1

It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd shows up at this game due to so much snow here in Knoxville.

Need a strong showing, Vandy talking smack about our players and fans, we are on a losing streak, one of the last home games...come out and whoop some a$$

Reactions: 1 person
That Vandy player is reaching big time. I heard the interview with Josh after their first meeting and it wasn't anything derogatory. Of all the players in the league to try and call out for being disrespectful, Josh shouldn't be one of them. imo

Anyway, keep LaChance from going ham and I like our chances.

GBO!!!

I want to see Josh go for 30 tonight. I'd also like to see Stalling's slip on some moisture and break his ankle while pacing up and down the sidelines.

Candy players get their feelings hurt over nothing. Josh wasn't being disrespectful in any way. I'm from Nashville and I hate Vandy. Their players and coaches are always classless and they always have been.

That Vandy player is reaching big time. I heard the interview with Josh after their first meeting and it wasn't anything derogatory. Of all the players in the league to try and call out for being disrespectful, Josh shouldn't be one of them. imo

Anyway, keep LaChance from going ham and I like our chances.

GBO!!!

Vandy was up 5 with 16 seconds left to play and LOST! How else can you describe them? Pathetic? Weak knees? Soft?

From the article:

"To call us punks and (say) they out-physicaled us — from an opposing player, you are not supposed to be treating people like that after a game," Baldwin said. "You should show some sort of respect for your opponent, especially since you have to play them again. That comment that he made really offended me, offended coach Stallings and I think offended a lot of kids on my team."

Wade Baldwin sounds like a butt hurt little bi***.

"You hurt my feelings!" "You didn't say 'good game' when we shook hands after the game!" "I didn't get a participation ribbon!" "I only got 1 orange slice at halftime and my Capri Sun was warm!!"

Reactions: 2 people
Predicting an o/u of 60 PF, 5 TF . Followed with lots of thunderous booing. Would luv to see 'bout 100 Josh head posters bobbing up and down.

VN Store

Back