Heath Shuler is coming to Atlanta

so he hasfound more ways of suckering money out of the people...(vfl,not being part of this post)

Reactions: 2 people
I wonder if he can still run like he used to. We could use him. He could throw a football thru a carwash on the run so fast it wouldn't get wet!!!

Actually, he isn't charging us. He is Volunteering his time to help us raise scholarship funds for UT.

That's nice of him.

He gets free PR and a huge tax write off which he'll double or more.

I enjoyed watching him play but I have no use for any member of the Liar Limo Liberal brigade.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

The negavols are out in force. SOS. Heath was one of the greatest QBs to lay for Tennessee. He represented Tennessee with honor and always supported the VOLs. He does not deserve the disrespect I see on this board. He is donating his time to help raise $ for Scholarships for Kids to attend Tennessee. It is time for our fan base to drop this self centered approach to our football program. I appreciate his willingness to still support my University and I think most fans also do.

Reactions: 11 people
The negavols are out in force. SOS. Heath was one of the greatest QBs to lay for Tennessee. He represented Tennessee with honor and always supported the VOLs. He does not deserve the disrespect I see on this board. He is donating his time to help raise $ for Scholarships for Kids to attend Tennessee. It is time for our fan base to drop this self centered approach to our football program. I appreciate his willingness to still support my University and I think most fans also do.

Some people need to wake up to the reality of situations like this.

Nobody donates time or money in any situation like this most of the time my friend.

Every single penny and more that they spend is a 100% tax write off.

Every penny donated to anything is a tax write off.

Every charitable organisation asks for time, money or things to sell or auction off and all of it is a tax write off plus all the free PR those people get makes them look like wonderful people to the average people who don't know that it actually costs those people nothing at all.

1 of the biggest ripoff scams in the country today is Goodwill.

Goodwill is NOT a charitable organisation anymore, they are a for profit company just like walmart, target or any other store.

The difference is that Goodwill gets all their merchandise totally free so it's all profit for them unlike all other businesses that have to buy the merchandise they sell.

It's sad how few people actually pay attention to what really goes on in America today and has no understanding whatsoever of how things really work.

I say thanks to Heath for playing football for our Vols while he earned a free education and made loads of contacts that helped him build a future to become a millionaire and a politician.

It's nice that he's going to help raise some scholly money to send kids to school at Tennessee.

People will shake his hand, say thanks and he'll get his ego stroked and get lots of free press to make him look like he's a wonderful guy that's really giving something while all the time he's getting a big tax write off and doing this costs him nothing.

Some people need to wake up to the reality of situations like this.

Nobody donates time or money in any situation like this most of the time my friend.

Every single penny and more that they spend is a 100% tax write off.

Every penny donated to anything is a tax write off.

Every charitable organisation asks for time, money or things to sell or auction off and all of it is a tax write off plus all the free PR those people get makes them look like wonderful people to the average people who don't know that it actually costs those people nothing at all.

1 of the biggest ripoff scams in the country today is Goodwill.

Goodwill is NOT a charitable organisation anymore, they are a for profit company just like walmart, target or any other store.

The difference is that Goodwill gets all their merchandise totally free so it's all profit for them unlike all other businesses that have to buy the merchandise they sell.

It's sad how few people actually pay attention to what really goes on in America today and has no understanding whatsoever of how things really work.

I say thanks to Heath for playing football for our Vols while he earned a free education and made loads of contacts that helped him build a future to become a millionaire and a politician.

It's nice that he's going to help raise some scholly money to send kids to school at Tennessee.

People will shake his hand, say thanks and he'll get his ego stroked and get lots of free press to make him look like he's a wonderful guy that's really giving something while all the time he's getting a big tax write off and doing this costs him nothing.

Not surprised at your response. It again illustrates the status of the me generation. Without tax write offs, I doubt that 10% of money raised for any cause would be generated. If you don't want to donate to causes, then don't donate or participate. That is not reason to attack an exTennessee football player or discount the efforts of Tennessee fan to raise money for scholarships to assist students who wish to attend the University of Tennessee. If people want to live their life with a negative attitude, then have at it. We will not be persuaded to accept those attitudes and we will be better off because of it. Go down you narrow path and be as happy as you can while doing it. Those of us who have a more positive out look on life will not be damage by the self center attitude of others. I wish you the best in your future. What will be, will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Poor Heath: He decided to give up his "golly, gee, I'm a proud rube" credentials and some Tennesseans don't like him anymore. It's a benefit to raise scholarship money for Vols. Stop with the idiotic cynicism. You really think he's going to benefit personally from this minor appearance? He doesn't live in Georgia, for starters.

Not surprised at your response. It again illustrates the status of the me generation. Without tax write offs, I doubt that 10% of money raised for any cause would be generated. If you don't want to donate to causes, then don't donate or participate. That is not reason to attack an exTennessee football player or discount the efforts of Tennessee fan to raise money for scholarships to assist students who wish to attend the University of Tennessee. If people want to live their life with a negative attitude, then have at it. We will not be persuaded to accept those attitudes and we will be better off because of it. Go down you narrow path and be as happy as you can while doing it. Those of us who have a more positive out look on life will not be damage by the self center attitude of others. I wish you the best in your future. What will be, will be.

Thanks for your opinion my friend.

Unfortunately you have it all wrong.

Being truthful, factual and honest on something isn't being negative minded, just telling it like it is.

As to my being negative minded, nothing could be more incorrect.

Fact is that years ago I was in sales and management and I traveled the country.

Part of what I did was teach classes/seminars on time management, goal setting and developing a Positive Mental Attitude (PMA).

Everyone should set realistic goals, work to reach those goals and then raise those goals even higher and keep doing that to climb the ladder of success in whatever they're doing.

Being optomistic and having a Positive Mental Attitude is important but you also need a dose of reality as well so that you don't set goals too high that you can never reach them and feel the excitement of accomplishment of a job well done.

Then you raise those goals and get back to work on them again.

I'll never become a negaVol or a negative minded person but I'll always remain honest and tell the truth even if the truth hurts.

Life is tough and along the way you'll find a bed of roses sometimes but be careful my friend because along with roses comes the thorns.

It's nice to hear that somebody donated $1 Million to something but people also need to know that the $1 Million is 100% tax deductable so the person loses nothing and gets loads of free, positive PR from doing that which many people don't know or understand.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Heath is proving to be a good UT Ambassador, but beware on links as his drives and his passes both have a lousy slice

Reactions: 1 person
Poor Heath: He decided to give up his "golly, gee, I'm a proud rube" credentials and some Tennesseans don't like him anymore. It's a benefit to raise scholarship money for Vols. Stop with the idiotic cynicism. You really think he's going to benefit personally from this minor appearance? He doesn't live in Georgia, for starters.

1. Didn't like how he held out his rookie season
2. Don't agree with his politics

Those are the 2 reasons for me, that's it, nothing more. Don't really know anything else about him and don't really care. Appreciated him choosing Tennessee and playing some damn good quarterback while there. It's a good thing he's participating in the event of course, but otherwise, couldn't really care less.

Last edited:

Being truthful, factual and honest on something isn't being negative minded, just telling it like it is.

Fact is that years ago I was in sales and management and I traveled the country.

Part of what I did was teach classes/seminars on time management, goal setting and developing a Positive Mental Attitude (PMA).

Everyone should set realistic goals, work to reach those goals and then raise those goals even higher and keep doing that to climb the ladder of success in whatever they're doing.

Being optomistic and having a Positive Mental Attitude is important but you also need a dose of reality as well so that you don't set goals too high that you can never reach them and feel the excitement of accomplishment of a job well done.

I'll never become a negaVol or a negative minded person but I'll always remain honest and tell the truth even if the truth hurts.

Life is tough and along the way you'll find a bed of roses sometimes but be careful my friend because along with roses comes the thorns.

It's nice to hear that somebody donated $1 Million to something but people also need to know that the $1 Million is 100% tax deductable so the person loses nothing and gets loads of free, positive PR from doing that which many people don't know or understand.

Actually when you get a tax deduction it only means that you don't have to pay tax on that amount of money. It doesn't mean you get all the money back. They aren't paying him anything anyway. He is doing it because wants to give back to the univ. What is wrong with that. It appears like you don't like him because he is politically different than you. So am I, but we can still make time to do what is right and good.

Reactions: 8 people
How nice- some of his family lives out where we are.. met his Aunt at the grocery store, sweet lady & says she hates missing coming to Knoxville to the games..

Didnt he retire from politics a few years ago ?

He "retired" b/c he was going to get defeated in the 2012 Congressional elections. His democrat seat was filled with a republican. He saw the handwriting on the wall and left with life-time benefits (at the taxpayers' expense). Now he's a wonderful lobbyist in Congress. Just what we need - more people buying votes from corrupt politicians.

That's nice of him.

He gets free PR and a huge tax write off which he'll double or more.

I enjoyed watching him play but I have no use for any member of the Liar Limo Liberal brigade.

Ah a close minded Limbaugh dittohead... bravo to you sire!

Or at least YOUR version of the truth...LOL

Reactions: 4 people
I always liked Heath . Its sad that some ex Vols players that drove drunk and kill somebody are thought of highly while Heath is looked down on because of this political views. But thats VN for you.:banghead2: GBO!!!

VN Store

Back