Dewayne Hendricks will

BigBadVol

The MojoMofo
be transferring to Pittsburgh. He told the coaches there that he was "miserable" at TN. I can not divulge how I got this info because I would be betraying a coach now at Pitt.. I do not know why he was miserable but I know this info is accurate because it can from someone at the meeting. I said I had heard he didn't want to put the work in and the person got very defensive of Dewayne. I let it go at that point. Oh well.:dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Isn't it funny how all the "miserable" ones were stuck behind someone on the depth chart. So weird how that happens.

Reactions: 18 people
be transferring to Pittsburgh. He told the coaches there that he was "miserable" at TN. I can not divulge how I got this info because I would be betraying a coach now at Pitt.. I do not know why he was miserable but I know this info is accurate because it can from someone at the meeting. I said I had heard he didn't want to put the work in and the person got very defensive of Dewayne. I let it go at that point. Oh well.:dunno:

Maybe he and Peterman can be room mates

For my two cents,there is a distinct difference between most players that make a decision to leave UT and Nate Peterman. Nate is a UT grad. I wish we could say that about more UT football players,

Reactions: 13 people
I'd guess this is the story you'd hear from most guys that transfer. Sometimes personalities don't mesh.

Reactions: 2 people
One last thing. I also said I had heard that CBJ was giving him an unconditional release and would help him relocate. The person said that was NOT true. And once again got defensive about Dewayne. They also said coach Chaney absolutely loved TN and Knoxville and spoke about his time at TN very fondly.

Very interesting choice. This was still a bad loss for the staff. Whatever reasons there were, the staff needs to make adjustments to help avoid future attrition.

That said... transferring from a program with a staff focused on winning championships (their ability or qualify of plan not withstanding) to a program that will probably struggle to achieve a .500 record during his time there... indicates that being part of a winning program really wasn't a priority for him.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back