No excuses!!!

BruinVol

@Vol_Hoops: TYNDALL: Josh Richardson is a special, special dude. He's accomplished so much in his career and deserves to have a packed house Saturday.

@wesrucker247: Tyndall on #Vols: “I've said this, and I mean it: I would not trade my team for any team in the league because of how hard they work."

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
So your saying no excuses for not being there? If so and its possible to make it I agree.

Reactions: 3 people
@Vol_Hoops: TYNDALL: Josh Richardson is a special, special dude. He's accomplished so much in his career and deserves to have a packed house Saturday.

@wesrucker247: Tyndall on #Vols: “I've said this, and I mean it: I would not trade my team for any team in the league because of how hard they work."

Alright Volnation, lets fill the arena to the rim! Josh really does deserve it!

Reactions: 2 people
Can't remember anyone excited when coach Martin brought Josh in. This kid is, to me, the epitomy of what college basketball is all about. He came in and worked hard from day 1, got a little PT, submitted, never got into trouble, kept working, contributed as a SO, submitted to the team goals, worked harder, took care of his education, became a bigger part of the team as a junior, became a lock down defender, blew up in the NCAA Tourney, kept working hard, became team leader as a SR, never quits on the floor, never whines, and now the young man is about to graduate and get a shot at professional ball. Guys like this are why I love the college game.

Thanks Josh Richardson. Would love to be there.

Reactions: 20 people
Can't remember anyone excited when coach Martin brought Josh in. This kid is, to me, the epitomy of what college basketball is all about. He came in and worked hard from day 1, got a little PT, submitted, never got into trouble, kept working, contributed as a SO, submitted to the team goals, worked harder, took care of his education, became a bigger part of the team as a junior, became a lock down defender, blew up in the NCAA Tourney, kept working hard, became team leader as a SR, never quits on the floor, never whines, and now the young man is about to graduate and get a shot at professional ball. Guys like this are why I love the college game.

Me too man.

Pet peeve coming, he also doesn't usually automatically fall to the ground after the least little contact and when he does he doesn't wait on a hand getting up. Hes Ole school all the way

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Me too man.

Pet peeve coming, he also doesn't usually automatically fall to the ground after the least little contact and when he does he doesn't wait on a hand getting up. Hes Ole school all the way

And, believe it or not, he came in as one of those 3* guys that some of those on this board are criticizing CDT for recruiting as a future player on our bb team.

Reactions: 1 person
And, believe it or not, he came in as one of those 3* guys that some of those on this board are criticizing CDT for recruiting as a future player on our bb team.

They (3*s) don't turn out like Richardson often.

Chris Lofton was a three star...

You just provided one example for the plethora of no name 3 stars that are out there. Basketball is a lot more predictable as to who might make it based off of their rankings. Less recruits and the big ones play aau Or in some other shady basketball league. 3 stars are usually role players.

He was a top 150 player. We don't have any of those in this year's class.

That being said, I think Phillips and Admiral are a touch underrated. I think they will be good players for us.

Last edited:
Josh just might play in the NBA in a sixth man roll, dude is an all-around baller. His contribution to our program is immeasurable. :good!:

Josh just might play in the NBA in a sixth man roll, dude is an all-around baller. His contribution to our program is immeasurable. :good!:

I think his shooting must improve. Not the best 3ball I've seen. He has a crazy 15 foot jumper though.

I was never a huge Richardson fan the first few year here. Always a liability on the offensive end. I thought there were better players during his freshman year that deserved more playing time. Chievous was one. I did see improvements to Sophmore year, but again, on the offensive end he was either a turnover or a missed shot. Only thing he had going for him was that mid game floater and his defensive ability.

That being said...I do not think I can remember a player that has improved as much as Josh has in 4 years. He will always be one of my all time favorite Vols. I've enjoyed watching him and this 500 team play this year and will be there to cheer him on on Senior day. Go Vols.

I heard thst Bernard King and Johnny Darden are to be honored at half time. Darden is going to be the TN Legend at the SECT. I don't know if it's the reason, but King's first season was 40 years ago.

Been a while. We're in section 226...bottom of the upper deck. Where does the band set up shop these days? Boys are 8 and 11, and we love us some RT.

So a buddy told me Josh Richardson could have transferred after martin left and been able to play immediately due to graduating.

Is that true??

If so good gracious that guy deserves more than a full house on Saturday! I didn't think I could appreciate him more but perhaps i was wrong!

Reactions: 2 people

And his sr season he did what he did while playing not only a new position, but the most critical position on the court. Well done, Josh.

Reactions: 1 person
You just provided one example for the plethora of no name 3 stars that are out there. Basketball is a lot more predictable as to who might make it based off of their rankings. Less recruits and the big ones play aau Or in some other shady basketball league. 3 stars are usually role players.[/QUOTE

Russel Westbrook, Steph Curry, Doug McDermott...

So a buddy told me Josh Richardson could have transferred after martin left and been able to play immediately due to graduating.

Is that true??

If so good gracious that guy deserves more than a full house on Saturday! I didn't think I could appreciate him more but perhaps i was wrong!

No, he still would have to sit out a year but would be a 5 year senior. Still he could've left,he picked not to, he deserves a rocking tba, wish I could make it.

VN Store

Back