CFN.com has UT rated #16 in their preseason Top 25

vtvol98

my $.02 as well...
16. Tennessee
Biggest Positive: It’s time. Joshua Dobbs might be a special quarterback for an O with just about everyone returning including all of the top weapons. The defense is loaded and impressive with what should be a much-improved front seven.
Biggest Negative: The D still has to be better. The offense will take care of business, but the defense has to be steadier and more consistent. Can this team be pushed around? Get ready for the expectations.

Scout.com: 2015 Pre-Preseason Rankings: No. 9-18

I think that they, like others, are overlooking a potentially nasty Vol defense.

Reactions: 2 people
No way USCe is 14 best not even in a preseason poll.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I have to agree with you my friend.

Overlooking what a beast our D can become, especially our D line rotation, is a huge mistake IMHO.

I also think it's their mistake to simply say our O will take care of business.

I think we have more questions about our O than we have about our D for next season.

I still have to love all the good PR we can get since that can help our recruiting which is the lifeblood of college football.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 11 people
16. Tennessee
Biggest Positive: It’s time. Joshua Dobbs might be a special quarterback for an O with just about everyone returning including all of the top weapons. The defense is loaded and impressive with what should be a much-improved front seven.
Biggest Negative: The D still has to be better. The offense will take care of business, but the defense has to be steadier and more consistent. Can this team be pushed around? Get ready for the expectations.

Scout.com: 2015 Pre-Preseason Rankings: No. 9-18

I think that they, like others, are overlooking a potentially nasty Vol defense.

Agree, definitely underrated. We should be top 10 IMO

Reactions: 2 people
7e7a938ca2dbd1890dca56ea84e4506d.jpg

Reactions: 13 people
Can't be. The experts here (posivols you know) are sure that 7 wins would be quite the accomplishment this fall.

Reactions: 3 people
This is about right for us IMO 18-22 range is probably where we really should be though.

But hard for me to take this guy seriously. South Carolina at 14? I mean, what in the world was this guy on?

Reactions: 1 person
As much as I would love for us to be No. 16 coming in, I just dont see it happening. I agree with EricVol with being in the No. 18-22 range, although we do have the talent to get to No. 16 if not better than that as the season progresses.

Things that make me doubt the judgment of this staff's poll:

• UCLA and USC in the top 8
  • ND at 10
  • South Carolina at 14
But more than anything else was the write-up for Tennessee. We all know that the biggest concerns are (1) OLine improvement, (2) Dobbs' passing accuracy, and (3) keeping key positions healthy (e.g., QB and RB) because of lack of talented experience in depth.

These staff writers do not seem aware of any of that.

So I love the hype, love the love, but in this particular poll, I have suspicions about its authenticity.

Do I believe we deserve a way-too-early Top 25 rating? Absolutely. Do I think these guys understand why we do? Not at all.

That's all I'm sayin'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I saw that and LSU at #7? 10 SEC teams in the top 25 with Texas A&M at #26! Really hard to believe!

LSU at 7 is even more amazing.

Butch makes it 3 in row against SOS this year.

This is about right for us IMO 18-22 range is probably where we really should be though.

But hard for me to take this guy seriously. South Carolina at 14? I mean, what in the world was this guy on?

SC will be much improved on defense and they will be better than UK and Vandy in the East, but that's about all unless I'm missing something! All 7 teams in the SECW are better than SC.

Things that make me doubt the judgment of this staff's poll:

• UCLA and USC in the top 8
  • ND at 10
  • South Carolina at 14
But more than anything else was the write-up for Tennessee. We all know that the biggest concerns are (1) OLine improvement, (2) Dobbs' passing accuracy, and (3) keeping key positions healthy (e.g., QB and RB) because of lack of talented experience in depth.

These staff writers do not seem aware of any of that.

So I love the hype, love the love, but in this particular poll, I have suspicions about its authenticity.

Do I believe we deserve a way-too-early Top 25 rating? Absolutely. Do I think these guys understand why we do? Not at all.

That's all I'm sayin'.

I'm in complete agreement with you JP, you must have read my mind.

VN Store

Back