Coach DeBo- OL

WillisWG

I don't like radicals left or right!
A nice read from RTI.

Kerbyson and Jackson were both asked their initial thoughts on new offensive coordinator Mike DeBord and if he had been helping much on the offensive line.

Jackson: “Very smart guy. Very intelligent coordinator and he understands what he’s doing and knows how to communicate it very well…He talks to everybody a lot, Coach DeBo has been helping us out and says we can come in his office anytime, and he’s a very approachable guy, a very likeable guy, like I said.”

Kerbyson: “He’s a really cool guy. When I heard him coming in and I knew he was a little bit older than most of our coaches, I thought stickler, you know, hard-nosed kind of guy, but he’s really cool with us and he likes to joke around, but be serious at the same time. And he’s not trying to change so much of our stuff, which is really great.

“It puts an extra eye on us. Coaching, you have to be able to take it, and if you have two guys coaching you instead of just one with Coach (Mahoney), then it’s all the better and with his offensive line background he realizes certain plays will work better than others with the guys he has, which is great.”

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/03/05/offseason-offensive-line-updates/

Reactions: 11 people
There will be more synergy in the running game with a former OL calling the plays...I remember that immediate upgrade when Fulmer took over from Walt Harris...CobbWebb and Weighted Heavy line set...earned the TVA nickname. :wub:

Reactions: 6 people
From the same article.

Kerbyson said former Vol and 2014 first-round pick of the Miami Dolphins Ja’Wuan James has been in town working with the group and helping him learn some technique at the tackle position.

Kerbyson saying that he has been working almost exclusively at left tackle this offseason and hasn’t been doing much cross-training at guard and center like he has in the past.

Reactions: 6 people
From the same article.

Kerbyson said former Vol and 2014 first-round pick of the Miami Dolphins Ja’Wuan James has been in town working with the group and helping him learn some technique at the tackle position.

Kerbyson saying that he has been working almost exclusively at left tackle this offseason and hasn’t been doing much cross-training at guard and center like he has in the past.

If Kerbyerson start's at LT we are in trouble.. Does not have the quickness

Reactions: 5 people
There will be more synergy in the running game with a former OL calling the plays...I remember that immediate upgrade when Fulmer took over from Walt Harris...CobbWebb and Weighted Heavy line set...earned the TVA nickname. :wub:

That's really telling your age. The sad part I remember that too. Lol

Reactions: 7 people
Good to hear. I hope DeBord simplifies things for the O line. They looked completely clueless at times last year.

Experience will fix a lot of that.. Putting the same five on the field each week will too. And getting bigger and stronger will make them look like Einstein out there.

Kerbyson at guard only

Only? Come on now. He might see him in at RG some but his experience level is at T. If Blair does not beat him out at LT KK will start there with DR seeing plenty of PT.

It just might be possible that CBJ knew what he was doing when he made this hire.

image.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Is it hard for anyone else to see Kerbyson at LT?
I'm sure the coaching staff knows what they are doing, but I'm not so sure Kerbyson will workout at LT.

Reactions: 2 people
So you guys expect current players to say something bad about a current coach who has everything to do with their playing time?

I tell you what, next time your boss wants to know how you really feel about him and your position, tell it like it is and see where it gets you

Reactions: 3 people
I'm sure the coaching staff knows what they are doing, but I'm not so sure Kerbyson will workout at LT.

He did real well at guard...maybe he's working extra at LT because he didn't do well there last year.

I think it might be because no one else is even remotely capable. Blair should be taking that spot and Im not hearing anything about him, of course its just March. Sometimes the reason someone plays way out of position is its the best alternative to horrible!
Heres hoping KK becomes an absolute beast! Vols need that to happen. Stay in that training room KK!

VN Store

Back