Azzani breaks down his new role...

gardners_51609

Get Heuped Up!
Zach Azzanni describes the role of a passing game coordinator

“Every place is a little bit different,” Azzanni said. “From Coach Jones’ expectations, Coach DeBord’s expectations, I’m in charge of making sure I game plan the passing game. Our third down, our red zone. We do a lot of things as a staff, but ultimately, I’m the one at the forefront of breaking it down, giving suggestions. In practice, I’ll set up routes on air, script 7-on-7, those kinds of things that relate to the passing game. Most of my guys are involved in the passing game.

“Sometimes, Coach DeBord, as the offensive coordinator, might want to go down to inside drill while we have one-on-ones going on. I will make sure one-on-ones against the DB's in practice are going well, because I’m in charge of those guys. We work as a staff together, but the passing game part is taking control of the offseason projects and how to get better in the passing game.”

Good read. SIAP!!!

Reactions: 13 people
I'll be curious to see how this experiment works. Yes, Pig had a good year, but I haven't been overly impressed with the WRs ability to get open or high point and catch the ball.

Reactions: 5 people
I'll be curious to see how this experiment works. Yes, Pig had a good year, but I haven't been overly impressed with the WRs ability to get open or high point and catch the ball.

Same here. The only thing I have seen that they consistently do well as a group is block. That is disturbing considering the talent we have there.

Reactions: 2 people

I agree, WR should be a great strength of team 119, something that was missing in 2014.....due to injuries and not playing up to expectations.

I thought the WR play was generally good before everbody started dropping like flies. North played hurt for a while and that really hampered production.

Reactions: 3 people
I thought the WR play was generally good before everbody started dropping like flies. North played hurt for a while and that really hampered production.

Yeah, right. It seems people forget all the injuries we had, not only at WR, but all over. :dunno:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like Azzani will have more opportunities to showcase his coaching abilities now that Bajakian is out of the picture.

Coach Z knows he's being trained to take over as our OC so since he coaches our WR's it's only natural that he does the planning for our passing game week to week.

That allows more time for coach Debo to focus on what will work best on our running game.

The 2 of them will work together a great deal of time going over the entire game plan to help each other out and limit mistakes while coach Z learns more and more to become ready as a full-time OC.

This is a very smart move, keeps coach Z with us more years, hopefully, because he's also 1 of our best recruiters and we can not afford to start losing our best recruiters.

My guess is that after 2 or 3 ,at most, years coach Z becomes our OC and coach DeBo moves over to the AD admin area to work with AD Hart until he retires.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back