Running Back
Mcallen, TX (Memorial)
Ht: 5-10 | Wt: 175

Trevor Speights

Trevor Speights - Yahoo! Sports

Trevor Speights - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Arizona Wildcats Football, Basketball, and Recruiting Front Page

Current AZ commit. Vols have offered.

Trevor is a BEAST! I coach a high school team that plays in the same district as him. The kid has rushed for over 2000 yards his freshman, sophomore, and junior seasons! He is a legit D1 prospect.

He's also really close friends with Shea Patterson who has already committed to Ole Miss but I'm pretty sure we are recruiting him too.

Reactions: 2 people
Trevor is a BEAST! I coach a high school team that plays in the same district as him. The kid has rushed for over 2000 yards his freshman, sophomore, and junior seasons! He is a legit D1 prospect.

He's also really close friends with Shea Patterson who has already committed to Ole Miss but I'm pretty sure we are recruiting him too.

What classification is he playing in? Doesn't look like a burner but obviously I don't really know anything. Can't argue a lot with a couple of those offers and stats.

Look for Gillespie to spend a lot of time with Trevor Speights who is making his way from Texas this weekend. Some that have seen Speights may one of the more underrated tailbacks in the country. He's a guy that's more than 200 pounds right now and runs in the 4.4 range.
-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
BEST RB I have seen this year! Wow is all i can say. Man oh man i hope this kid is very interested in UT. Would love to have him.

Reactions: 1 person
What classification is he playing in? Doesn't look like a burner but obviously I don't really know anything. Can't argue a lot with a couple of those offers and stats.

Rooster, I'm no talent scout either, but it looks to me like he has plenty of speed and is pretty good in the open field. Noticed multiple runs where he outran defenders who had the angle on him and the gap between them increased through the end of the play. Appeared to run thru some attempted tackles and had a couple of pancake blocks as well. Looks to have a well rounded game, IMO. I'll let the staff decide if he has the talent to be a Vol!

By the way, are you still in Henderson? Went to high school at CCHS in the early 80's.

Last edited:
The intro to the video had him 5'10" 195, 4.38. He is definitely running away from the defenders in the video. Wow.

The intro to the video had him 5'10" 195, 4.38. He is definitely running away from the defenders in the video. Wow.

Not sure about classification, most of the kids in the video seem decently sized.

There is one kid playing safety though, about midway through the film, that is super small lol. Looked like a pop warner kicker that got loose on the field.

Rooster, I'm no talent scout either, but it looks to me like he has plenty of speed and is pretty good in the open field. Noticed multiple runs where he outran defenders who had the angle on him and the gap between them increased through the end of the play. Appeared to run thru some attempted tackles and had a couple of pancake blocks as well. Looks to have a well rounded game, IMO. I'll let the staff decide if he has the talent to be a Vol!

By the way, are you still in Henderson? Went to high school at CCHS in the early 80's.
Agreed.

Yep still in Henderson, Im at good ole FHU. I doubt it's changed drastically since you were here.

Agreed.

Yep still in Henderson, Im at good ole FHU. I doubt it's changed drastically since you were here.

Graduated from FHU in 2010. You probably know my brother. He was in ON, and graduated in May. Good to see a Freedie on here.

Graduated from FHU in 2010. You probably know my brother. He was in ON, and graduated in May. Good to see a Freedie on here.

Haha yea man, I know at least one more Freed dude is on here. I'm sure I know your brother, you basically know everybody around here. It's a good place.

How's life outside of the bubble?

I was in GTO (I know, sad). Lived in PG one year, RA in Sewell 1st floor the next.

Anyways...back to Speights.

Kid looks good. I definitely think with the uncertainty of Paulk, we need at least 2 RBs in this class. We have some possibilities, but I'm still waiting for us to get that bowling ball bruiser, third down type back.

"Just got off the phone with Texas running back Trevor Speights and he told me he has decommitted from Arizona. Not too much of a shock here as we've questioned how strong that commitment was after some of our conversations with him and in fact that decommitment happened last week.

Speights stays in touch with coach Gillespie 'daily,' and said he will be back up to Tennessee several times this summer when he visits his friends in Maryville. He said he would likely visit the school multiple times

He also mentioned Texas A&M and a few other schools in the mix. I'll have a full story later tonight from Speights."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 5 people
"Just got off the phone with Texas running back Trevor Speights and he told me he has decommitted from Arizona. Not too much of a shock here as we've questioned how strong that commitment was after some of our conversations with him and in fact that decommitment happened last week.

Speights stays in touch with coach Gillespie 'daily,' and said he will be back up to Tennessee several times this summer when he visits his friends in Maryville. He said he would likely visit the school multiple times

He also mentioned Texas A&M and a few other schools in the mix. I'll have a full story later tonight from Speights."

- Fortenberry

Future Maryville College Fighting Scot, IMO.

VN Store

Back