Auburn/Tennessee bet with co-workers

Mini Me

VFL
I work with a lot of Auburn and Alabama fans down here in Huntsville. Well, I bet three of my Auburn co- workers that Tennessee would make it to the SEC championship (football) game before Auburn does. I hope we make it soon, I'm tired of these bama and barn fans all around me pounding their chests. Oh, the bet was a lunch bet...

Reactions: 5 people
It ain't a bet unless it means something embarrassing unless someone gets their head shaved or something like that. The winner get to do the honors. That happened to me when I lost a best with my brother-in-law.

Reactions: 1 person
I would make it a day of wearing the opposing teams colors along with the lunch. Also, all day long the loser must greet everyone with the opposing team's saying. Go Big Orange, if they lose, and War Eagle if you do. Make it interesting.

I work with a lot of Auburn and Alabama fans down here in Huntsville. Well, I bet three of my Auburn co- workers that Tennessee would make it to the SEC championship (football) game before Auburn does. I hope we make it soon, I'm tired of these bama and barn fans all around me pounding their chests. Oh, the bet was a lunch bet...

If you lose take your victim to Krystal ! :)

Reactions: 3 people
I love living in Huntsville. Still very close in proximity to the greatest state in the union, but Lots of SEC fanbases represented makes it fun (with the exception of Bammers). A good amount of Vol fans too. It's an engineering town, so there's lots of Auburn folks here. They are fine for the most part and they hate Bama as much as I do so what's not to like? Ha

Last edited:
Realistically you're probably gonna lose that bet this year. If you don't lose this year then you've got a good shot at winning next year and beyond.

Auburn could easily win the West this season! Bama and LSU, Ole Miss are all replacing QB's with no apparent front runner. Miss State has Dak returning, but not much else. If Auburn can Fix their defense they will be right there at the end of the season when they get Bama at home.

Auburn could easily win the West this season! Bama and LSU, Ole Miss are all replacing QB's with no apparent front runner. Miss State has Dak returning, but not much else. If Auburn can Fix their defense they will be right there at the end of the season when they get Bama at home.

This is true. Bama has a front-runner for QB, but they could be taking a step back along with LSU, Ole Miss, and MSU. Auburn is as good a bet to win the West as anyone else at this point.

That said, the West is still lightyears tougher than the East, so UT might be able to make something happen by getting fat off the weaker division.

Hope you win that bet but AU will most likely be the favorite to win the West this yr. They get Ala at home. They will be much better on defense and their offense will be equal and most likely better than they were last yr. Don't know where AU plays their bigger games at this yr they would be my pick to win the West. If LSU finds a QB then they have a chance and if Ark plays like they did the second half of the season they also have just as good of a chance. Will be a wide open conference this yr. There is no dominant team that is just better than everyone else. UT, GA or Mizzou could win the East just like AU, Ark, LSU or Ala could win the West. Don't see Ole Miss or Miss St repeating what they did last yr.

This is true. Bama has a front-runner for QB, but they could be taking a step back along with LSU, Ole Miss, and MSU. Auburn is as good a bet to win the West as anyone else at this point.

That said, the West is still lightyears tougher than the East, so UT might be able to make something happen by getting fat off the weaker division.

Agree with what you said about the West. But if LSU can find a QB they could beat anybody as well. AU is the most complete team, especially if Muschump improves their D, which I expect that he will. They are loaded with highly rated guys on Defense, they just need a guy to Coach them up. Bad as I hate Muschamp dude can coach some defense. Honestly wouldn't shock me if any one of AU, LSU,Ark or AL wins the West. Most likely will be Auburn but without looking at where they all play each other at it will be hard to predict. AU and Ark know what they have at QB but Ala and LSU really don't. Kiffin had no clue Sims would play the way he did after their spring game last yr. Guessing it will be Comer but living in Ala not many Bammer fans have any clue what they will get out of the QB position. And with Ala losing the majority of their offensive production, especially at WR they could struggle throwing it, at least early on. If Saban doesn't get his secondary fixed it could be a multiple loss season in Tuscaloosa. They won't have that offense to bail them out of games this yr.

I really don't care who wins the SEC West.

I have a totally unrealistic dream though.

My dream is that our Vols Win the SEC East and then Win the SEC Championship and stun the world.

My dream continues with a 1st round Win in the playoffs to stun the world again.

Since this really isn't realistic as much as I'd love to Win the National Championship I just can't go there yet.

My hopes would be that getting that close to Winning it all would make our best juniors decide to forget any NFL dreams and all of them decide to stay at UT for their senior years and in 2016 Win the National Championship, graduate and then hit the NFL as higher ranked draft picks.

Not likely or logical but at least we can all dream a little.

If that dream did come true then at least I could die a very happy Vol fan.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!

My prediction also is a UT/Auburn ATL matchup, but neither will be sealed prior to 11/28, imo -- so it will come down to the literal timing of our scheduled games that day, imo.

I have a totally unrealistic dream though.

My dream is that our Vols Win the SEC East and then Win the SEC Championship and stun the world.

My dream continues with a 1st round Win in the playoffs to stun the world again.

Since this really isn't realistic as much as I'd love to Win the National Championship I just can't go there yet.

My hopes would be that getting that close to Winning it all would make our best juniors decide to forget any NFL dreams and all of them decide to stay at UT for their senior years and in 2016 Win the National Championship, graduate and then hit the NFL as higher ranked draft picks.

Not likely or logical but at least we can all dream a little.

If that dream did come true then at least I could die a very happy Vol fan.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!

I think most if not all Vol fans shares a very similar dream.

Don't tell me Coker is the front runner again this year at Bama, he really looked horrible when he got in the games last year. I'm guessing that Bama fans are hoping than an underclassman will win the job so they don't have to go through this again next seasson.

Last edited:

I usually don't either, but...

...I found myself reading your post and imagining being able to beat Alabama not just once in a year, but twice! Anything that allows us to close the gap on the rivalry record would be a good thing, amirite? :)

I therefore vote for 'Bama to win the west, after we beat their socks off in the regular season. Then we beat em again, even worse, in Atlanta. :lolabove:

I usually don't either, but...

...I found myself reading your post and imagining being able to beat Alabama not just once in a year, but twice! Anything that allows us to close the gap on the rivalry record would be a good thing, amirite? :)

I therefore vote for 'Bama to win the west, after we beat their socks off in the regular season. Then we beat em again, even worse, in Atlanta. :lolabove:

That would be as magical as wining the playoff at the end of the year.

VN Store

Back