Ron Hunter

CNeagleVolFan

Guys RJ his son is entering the NBA draft, so this now makes Ron Hunter a hot commodity. If we swing and miss on Barnes he is who we should go after. He has charisma, a great mind, and a great bond he shares with each of his teams. Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 person
No thanks. Give me Underwood, Prohm, Wade, Hurley, White, Holtmann and even Richard Pitino over him. Hunter had one good season, thanks to the Harrow and Ware transfer, plus his son. His career hasn't been impressive up until this year.

Reactions: 5 people
Guys RJ his son is entering the NBA draft, so this now makes Ron Hunter a hot commodity. If we swing and miss on Barnes he is who we should go after. He has charisma, a great mind, and a great bond he shares with each of his teams. Thoughts?

He is a circus clown...can't coach for falling out of his seat and breaking something(for show I think) has never been past the field of 32...as for the "great mind" statement show me the basis for this assessment. If given a choice and we struck out with all the others we are considering I'd take Al Pinkins.

Ron Hunter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ron Hunter Coaching Record | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Reason for the difference is from 1994 to 1998 IUPUI was in the NAIA and he brought them into division 1.

NAIA
The NAIA was established in 1937 and is a smaller association. It is made up of smaller 4-year colleges throughout the United States, and competitive levels are comparable to NCAA D2 schools.

There are equally talented players in the NAIA and NCAA D2 schools, and both have excellent opportunities for education and athletic achievement.

Also I would not get Ron Hunter. JMO

Speak for yourself, OP.
"We" shouldn't go after Barnes, but you're welcome to try if you think he'll listen to you.
He ain't that old, but his career is over the hill.

Ron Hunter is not a flash in the pan. He is a good coach. He is a great person with a passion and personality that any fan base can get behiind. Is limited tournament experience is defined by his last two stops. Not the best coach on the board but for me personally, it is an acceptable one.

Yeah our fans crack me...don't want Barnes but want someone like Ron Hunter

Our fans would rather have a rah rah type of coach instead of a proven winner. He "underachieves" but has a better tourney record than every candidate we are after combined.

The only reason to get him is so his son could transfer.

Barnes please end this.

No thanks. Give me Underwood, Prohm, Wade, Hurley, White, Holtmann and even Richard Pitino over him. Hunter had one good season, thanks to the Harrow and Ware transfer, plus his son. His career hasn't been impressive up until this year.

To say that him having one good season isn't impressive enough to hire Hunter, then to name most of the guys you named, is mind boggling.

No, again he is a flash in the pan and everyone will have a knee jerk reaction in rushing to hire this guy. See Andy Enfield for an example.

Do not want. He has a career .577 winning percentage. There are better options out there we can get

Hunter ahould be somewherr close to #15 on our list of potential candidates.

If his son doesn't hit that 3 and he didn't fall off his stool, most would have no idea who he is.

He is good in front of a camera. Has been media darling last few weeks because of it. No thanks. Could name 20 coaches I would want before him.

VN Store

Back