It's [not yet] official, Rick Barnes in as head coach

Here's another link, "barring a late snag", it's done as of 4:14pm.

Former Texas coach Rick Barnes finalizing deal with Tennessee - CBSSports.com

***Everybody throw my boy patrick some e-cred. He posted this news around 4:00pm and it got merged since it wasn't actually final (and it's still not officially done). But we might as well have a new thread at this point. Patrick -> e-cred. E-cred -> patrick. :lol:

Reactions: 20 people
Boom. Now we can have some stability and should be able to pull higher tier talent based on his resume alone.... Me like.

Reactions: 15 people
You can't get much better than those two outlets. Both Parrish and Chip Brown have good contacts.

Welcome, Rick! Here's your list of objectives that can immediately be accomplished:

1. DEFEND THE THREE POINT LINE JESUS DONNIE
2. That's it.

Reactions: 4 people
Patrick's gonna be pissed.

tumblr_miy68pB9Pi1qiaxzfo1_400.gif

Reactions: 8 people
Let's hope he does better at home than our previous coach... Now if I could only remember his name..

Reactions: 1 person
For the situation of the program - well done! Very happy about this. Hart regained some trust.

I have no sources but I imagine the team is very happy for a quick turn around and serious weight coming in so soon.

Good hire for the program getting back on good footing.

But he better start recruiting his ass off for 2016.

Cause 2015 is going to be ugly. Barnes doesn't take lesser talent and coach em up, which will be our situation in 2015.

Basically, Barnes' teams hit the offensive boards for extra possessions and (before the last three years) are very good to great in limiting their own turnovers. Don't expect an aggressive TO-forcing defense or anything. Has been good in last seven years at limiting 3PT attempts and occasionally great at limiting assists (AKA, more one-on-one scoring). Oh, and expect an influx of height - Texas LOVED blocks.

VN Store

Back