Maybe this why Sawyers was dismissed?

Damn it,wasted potential! Probably already got a text from bob poops or 'lil nicky. :shakehead:

The story I heard was Sawyers told Thomas he forgot his wallet with the drivers license and needed it to sell his gaming system at GameStop and got Coleman to do it for him. If true pretty crappy, and dumb of Coleman to fall for it. I do not read a lot on here hard to keep up as busy as I am so SIAP. Just very happy to have Coleman back on the field.

Reactions: 4 people
The story I heard was Sawyers told Thomas he forgot his wallet with the drivers license and needed it to sell his gaming system at GameStop and got Coleman to do it for him. If true pretty crappy, and dumb of Coleman to fall for it. I do not read a lot on here hard to keep up as busy as I am so SIAP. Just very happy to have Coleman back on the field.

Doesnt seem that dumb to me. I mean yea in retrospect of course he wouldn't do it, but lets be honest, if my friend asked me the same in that situations, I would not question it or think it was sketchy. Very crappy of his friend but I dont think its fair to say Coleman was dumb in this situation.

Reactions: 5 people

Wow what a friend

Doesnt seem that dumb to me. I mean yea in retrospect of course he wouldn't do it, but lets be honest, if my friend asked me the same in that situations, I would not question it or think it was sketchy. Very crappy of his friend but I dont think its fair to say Coleman was dumb in this situation.

Maybe a fair point but in defense of what I said; if someone asked me to do this with my full knowledge of them being kicked off the team for whatever reason I would think twice about doing this BUT I am a 45 year old businessman not a teenager so I am not sure at that age if I would have thought a thing of it or not.

I guess its all perspective. At this point in my life if I knew someone had broken the law in the past and asked a favor like that I would say eff that!

Thought that the original primary reason that Sawyers was dismissed was because he was busted for hitting the hippie lettuce and/or power skunk too many times. Kid obviously has some issues.

Swain mentioned that he got another player in trouble before. Anyone know which one he was talking about?

I can't think of one season where there was so many FB players in trouble around the NCAA.

I guess I'm speaking in generalities here but I think its reflecting what we're seeing in our general society today...especially among teens/young adults...I worked in this area for years and I've never seen an explosion that we are seeing now....in our own state....among the "good" kids....etc...We have a vast, stifling, almost irrecoverable lack of leadership in our nation and its manifesting itself starting with our kids....Lots of folks (especially politicians) wont admit it but with the breakdown of the family, and yeah it starts and stops with Dad...sorry guys...that's just the truth....we are seeing kids who really don't have an understanding of right and wrong, respecting others, respecting life in general and on and on it goes....I'm sure many will take exception to this statement but...WE ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE IN OUR NATION, STATE, AND CITIES AND IT MAY JUST BE TOO LATE!!!

Reactions: 8 people
I guess I'm speaking in generalities here but I think its reflecting what we're seeing in our general society today...especially among teens/young adults...I worked in this area for years and I've never seen an explosion that we are seeing now....in our own state....among the "good" kids....etc...We have a vast, stifling, almost irrecoverable lack of leadership in our nation and its manifesting itself starting with our kids....Lots of folks (especially politicians) wont admit it but with the breakdown of the family, and yeah it starts and stops with Dad...sorry guys...that's just the truth....we are seeing kids who really don't have an understanding of right and wrong, respecting others, respecting life in general and on and on it goes....I'm sure many will take exception to this statement but...WE ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE IN OUR NATION, STATE, AND CITIES AND IT MAY JUST BE TOO LATE!!!

Sir, while I agree with many aspects of your position, I'm just going to have to ask you to breath into this paper bag for a few minutes and PLEASE JUST CALM THE HELL DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gimme that paper bag for a minute, dammit.

Reactions: 2 people

Wow. Sawyers sounds like quite a guy. I wouldn't give Coleman Thomas a hard time about this. He is young and hasn't been out on his own very long and a healthy skepticism isn't usually developed until you've been burned at least once.

Reactions: 1 person

oh lawd.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe a fair point but in defense of what I said; if someone asked me to do this with my full knowledge of them being kicked off the team for whatever reason I would think twice about doing this BUT I am a 45 year old businessman not a teenager so I am not sure at that age if I would have thought a thing of it or not.

I guess its all perspective. At this point in my life if I knew someone had broken the law in the past and asked a favor like that I would say eff that!

Except he quit, not kicked off. He wanted to leave, that is all. You don't stop being friends with people because they make life choices they think are good for themselves.

VN Store

Back