Bets for the fall

mitzustu

It's always fun to hear what other people are actually backing up as far as their expectations for the fall.

I have a Bama fanatic that I work with that always tries to needle me into bad bets. However for this fall I think I have a couple of good ones.

They're small bets but here's what I've got on the table so far.

1) We are betting $10 per Vols SEC game. So if we go 4-4 I break even, and so on.

2) we've got $50 on the UT v UF game

All bets are straight up no spread.

1) How do you see me coming out?
2) What bets will you be making?

Reactions: 5 people
It's always fun to hear what other people are actually backing up as far as their expectations for the fall.

I have a Bama fanatic that I work with that always tries to needle me into bad bets. However for this fall I think I have a couple of good ones.

They're small bets but here's what I've got on the table so far.

1) We are betting $10 per Vols SEC game. So if we go 4-4 I break even, and so on.

2) we've got $50 on the UT v UF game

All bets are straight up no spread.

1) How do you see me coming out?
2) What bets will you be making?

I see you winning $70. :good!:

I have a significant bet with another UT fan over-under wins. He set it at 7.5 and I got the over. We made the bet before the bowl game last year. I think I got this!

Will be payback for the loss I took taking the over on 5.5 2 seasons ago or I will again have to count out some paper haha.

Reactions: 1 person
I've got $20 riding on the OU game (Vols winning) and LG gets to dress like Little Bo Peep when UT wins in the Swamp this year.

Reactions: 2 people
I won't disagree, but I think the key is the Oklahoma game. That one gives them the confidence to start smacking people around.

I agree Oklahoma is key BUT I would take a loss to Oklahoma WAY better than another loss to Florida.

I don't like losing...

Neither do I and the Ok game is the first we are going to bring the boat up for. It really sucks to spend that kind of money on gas to lose. It makes the aftergame party so reserved.

Personally I think we beat them both but would feel way more comfortable betting we beat Oklahoma than Florida but if we beat Oklahoma convincingly the Gators better watch out they might get rolled.

And hopefully these chowderheads out here in Oklahoma will figure out it's a Power T license plate from Tennessee instead of assuming it's Texas...

I agree Oklahoma is key BUT I would take a loss to Oklahoma WAY better than another loss to Florida.

I just don't see how people are confident about beating Florida. Prepare to be pissed is all I can tell you. We couldn't beat a horrible Florida team at home that could barely score, had the worst QB problems in the conference and had a complete dipsh*t of a HC, but all of a sudden we're gonna go down to the swamp and wreak havoc? Lol

Reactions: 1 person
And hopefully these chowderheads out here in Oklahoma will figure out it's a Power T license plate from Tennessee instead of assuming it's Texas...

I have several friends from Oklahoma going to the game with us BUT they all went to Oklahoma State and hate Oklahoma probably more than we do.

Florida will be really, really bad this year.

Agreed.

We're going to beat the ever living hell out of the Gators. You won't cross the 50-yard line. Dobbs will throw for 500 and run for 150 and make your vaunted defense look silly.

Hurd and Kamara will get the first ever tandem touchdown in CFB history as they leisurely jog for an 80-yard touchdown while lateraling the ball back and forth before crossing the goal line with both holding one end of the football.

Butch will go for a field goal from our own 40-yard line just for laughs, and of course Medley will nail it with 20 yards to spare.

Cam Sutton will have 8 interceptions, including a miraculous pick-six where he dives over the line of scrimmage Troy Polamalu-style and intercepts a pass a split second after it leaves Grier's hands.

Derek Barnett will sack Treon Harris twice by staring at him in an intimidating manner, and Curt Maggitt will score a defensive touchdown by hypnotizing Mornhinweg into simply handing him the football.

At halftime, with UF down 45-0 with negative yards of offense, Jeremy Foley will take over the PA system and announce that McElwain has been fired and that the school is shuttering the football program effective immediately.

10,000 Vols fans in attendance will carry Butch Jones out of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium on their shoulders all the way up I-75 to Knoxville.

Reactions: 9 people
Agreed.

We're going to beat the ever living hell out of the Gators. You won't cross the 50-yard line. Dobbs will throw for 500 and run for 150 and make your vaunted defense look silly.

Hurd and Kamara will get the first ever tandem touchdown in CFB history as they leisurely jog for an 80-yard touchdown while lateraling the ball back and forth before crossing the goal line with both holding one end of the football.

Butch will go for a field goal from our own 40-yard line just for laughs, and of course Medley will nail it with 20 yards to spare.

Cam Sutton will have 8 interceptions, including a miraculous pick-six where he dives over the line of scrimmage Troy Polamalu-style and intercepts a pass a split second after it leaves Grier's hands.

Derek Barnett will sack Treon Harris twice by staring at him in an intimidating manner, and Curt Maggitt will score a defensive touchdown by hypnotizing Mornhinweg into simply handing him the football.

At halftime, with UF down 45-0 with negative yards of offense, Jeremy Foley will take over the PA system and announce that McElwain has been fired and that the school is shuttering the football program effective immediately.

10,000 Vols fans in attendance will carry Butch Jones out of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium on their shoulders all the way up I-75 to Knoxville.
KMac will make Volunteer history standing over Treon Harris, on the floor of Ben Griffin who is hearing cuckoo clock chimes, and does the gator chomp then takes his right hand with tongue out dragging the cut throat sign ... On 3 different sacks.

Agreed.

Only 45-0 at halftime?

Negavol.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back