OSU draws 99,391 to spring game...

CAVPUT

Embracing the inner nega in all of us
Found this quote to be interesting...."I don't think it's going to ever be like this anywhere else in the world."

Would love to see us top that number.

LINK

Reactions: 2 people
Found this quote to be interesting...."I don't think it's going to ever be like this anywhere else in the world."

LINK

Next time we win a national title and have 3 Heisman quality quarterbacks, we will.

Reactions: 13 people
Next time we win a national title and have 3 Heisman quality quarterbacks, we will.

This. No way we'll have 100K in Neyland, but I think 80K is realistic. IMO it is a true testament to the dedication and passion of our fan base when you look at our struggles over the past 7-8 years, and then consider the fact that we've had 60K+ there the past 2 O&W games.

Makes me even more proud to be a Vol.. :rock:

Reactions: 3 people

LINK

What other football can they pull for in Ohio? The Bengals and Browns. :eek:lol::eek:lol:

Reactions: 3 people
We have to admit that is an impressive showing. But any fan base should be hyped after winning an NC with all the players they have coming back. It would be a sign of complacency if they didn't have a huge crowd.

Other than the fact of the large crowd, hang on sloopy having almost a hundred thousand people at their spring game really means nothing to me. If the weather were right, I wouldn't be surprised if Rocky Top wouldn't have a 100,000 at a spring game following its next SEC-East win (not a championship in my thinking but an objective toward the goal), let alone an SEC championship/playoff berth or NC.

I'm thinking the 2018/2019 home and home series with tOSU that was cancelled a couple of years ago might happen in the future but on a slightly bigger scale. by 2018, tOSU's will have had to recharge their QBs whereas Team 122 will have (picking no favorites and making no future assumptions) will have Dormady, Guarantano, Jennings, or Jones (listed alphabetically on purpose).

Reactions: 1 person
Ohio State has a great football program, returns many great players from last year's NC winning team, and whether you'd like to admit it or not - the hottest head coach in college football right now. I'm not surprised at all to see such a turn out. I'm looking forward to when UT is in their shoes. Maybe next year is the year?? Hate to wish the summer away, but damn I'm ready for kick off.

OSU is coming off a national championship. Temp was 75 degrees.

If Tennessee has 100,000 in the stands next Saturday, it will be a hell of a lot more impressive.

This will be my first spring game bringing 3 with me so volnation step up and bring the other 99,389 and lets take out them buckeyes!!!

It's a spring game, attendance is nice but honestly in the grand Scheme of things, wgaf? Urban Meyer is an attention whore, esp after he failed to get Guarantano, so who gives a ****? In the end, their tweet about a national record is just a PR move. They're still in Little 10, and we are in the SEC. The season is what matters. End of story.

Last edited:
It's a spring game, attendance is nice but honestly in the grand Scheme of things, wgaf? Urban Meyer is an attention whore, esp after he failed to get Guarantano, so who gives a ****? In the end, their tweet about a national record is just a PR move. They're still in Little 10, and we are in the SEC. The season is what matters. End of story.

So you're saying this was all a PR move by Meyer since they lost out on a commit? :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Most laughable post of the day. Thanks.

Here are the teams on OSU's 2015 schedule:

Virginia Tech
Hawaii
Northern Illinois
Western Michigan
Indiana
Maryland
Penn State
Rutgers
Minnesota
Illinois
Michigan State
Michigan

Very weak schedule. They could beat most of those teams with their 3rd stringers, which is much easier on Urban Meyer's heart.

VN Store

Back