CampusInsiders: Dobbs- The Next Big Thing

perico

"Thenneshee willsh be bath..."- Dr. Lou Holtz
If Joshua Dobbs isn’t the next really, really big thing in college football, he’s going to come close.

He didn’t run much in the spring game, and the 5-of-8 performance for 94 yards and a score wasn’t anything too amazing, but after struggling early on in his career in practices, good luck finding anyone to say anything negative about the 6-3, 212-pound junior’s offseason.

2015 Spring Football: Meet The New Stars - News - Campus Insiders: Live video and breaking news for college basketball and college football

Reactions: 5 people
Everyone outside of Vol Nation is figuring it out... on the verge of big things in Knoxville, and Dobbs will be offensive catalyst.

Attachments

• 2015-04-26-15-11-38-507290600.jpeg
    2015-04-26-15-11-38-507290600.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 881
Reactions: 2 people
I am ready to be able to look in the eye's of a Bama, Florida or Georgia fan and say,
"we gotcha."

UT will go as far as Dobbs takes them next season! The SEC East is certainly on the table, and possibly a SEC Title!

"WR DeAnthony Arnett was supposed to be a major factor right away after starting out his career with 24 catches as a true freshman for Tennessee. Instead, he came up with six catches in three years. Healthy and seemingly ready to roll, he has been the find of spring ball scrimmages, turning into Connor Cook’s most dangerous downfield target.

While Arnett’s five catches for 51 yards in the spring game might not seem all that impressive, it was enough to lead all Spartan receivers and build off the momentum of a great offseason. "

From the article above

I am ready to be able to look in the eye's of a Bama, Florida or Georgia fan and say,
"we gotcha."

I post on an SEC fan board and all those guys are up in arms about all the UT hype, basically they are
scared shirtless. They are already developing a hatred for Butch, which I find hilarious. But anything they
can nitpick is being focused on, and they are all projecting doom on this team 119. Its nice to be in a position
where I can finally laugh at all these clowns.

UT will go as far as Dobbs takes them next season! The SEC East is certainly on the table, and possibly a SEC Title!

Butch keeps saying we're 2 years away. And he may be right given the fact our top 44 players are still not in the same class as the Alabamas and LSUs of the world. However, we can make up the gap in overall talent against the elites by having a SUPERSTAR at the QB position.

Dobbs has the talent to be the best QB in college football. And if you have the best QB in the country you can beat anyone on any given Saturday.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch keeps saying we're 2 years away. And he may be right given the fact our top 44 players are still not in the same class as the Alabamas and LSUs of the world. However, we can make up the gap in overall talent against the elites by having a SUPERSTAR at the QB position.

Dobbs has the talent to be the best QB in college football. And if you have the best QB in the country you can beat anyone on any given Saturday.

Gold Star! 100% correct.

I post on an SEC fan board and all those guys are up in arms about all the UT hype, basically they are
scared shirtless. They are already developing a hatred for Butch, which I find hilarious. But anything they
can nitpick is being focused on, and they are all projecting doom on this team 119. Its nice to be in a position
where I can finally laugh at all these clowns.

Sounds like you post on the cesspool known as secrant. Where all people do is troll and make fun of each other.

Agreed!

TENNESSEE will go as far as Dobbs takes them.

I wonder if the coach for his top home state school is kicking himself right about now for having him look elsewhere? That's the x2 edged sword of recruiting, sometimes you let the wrong guy look elsewhere ... P. Willis for example.

God I hope the team's prospect for success does not rest squarely on this fine young man's shoulders. Needs to rest equally on all their shoulders. Without a solid Offensive Line for example, Dobbs and therefore UT will be only minimally successful. Go Vols.

God I hope the team's prospect for success does not rest squarely on this fine young man's shoulders. Needs to rest equally on all their shoulders. Without a solid Offensive Line for example, Dobbs and therefore UT will be only minimally successful. Go Vols.

It's a team sport. They're all important.

But to say they're all equally important would be pablum. The QB is primus inter pares, first among equals, on any football team. Which means Josh will be the face and "on-field CEO" of the Vols this year, and will carry that burden in several key ways.

I think he's up to it this year. The young man is ready.

It is what it is, if Dobbs gets injured for all practical purposes this season will be over.

But to say they're all equally important would be pablum. The QB is primus inter pares, first among equals, on any football team. Which means Josh will be the face and "on-field CEO" of the Vols this year, and will carry that burden in several key ways.

JP,

Very true. Dobbs is ready for the challenge and can handle the pressure.

It is what it is, if Dobbs gets injured for all practical purposes this season will be over.

In 85 - people said there goes the season when Tony Robinson went down but Dickey led TN on to a Sugar Bowl and a win against Miami. I hope Dobbs stays healthy but who knows. We have some very good running backs and Dormady looked good.

This is correct. However, if Dobbs is running for his life most of the time then he will be ineffective. Most teams we need to compete with and beat have good to great defenses. Our OL, specifically our tackles, have to improve dramatically. Dobbs can't do it all. We also could use some defensive scores against our elite competition as well.

VN Store

Back