Updates: Is Rick Barnes actually recruiting/working?

madbamahater

He's been on the job for weeks now. Weeks. It's nearly May and very late in the game. Had some visitors, heard some rumors transfers and what not.

But, is he actively trying to or actually going to sign any players for this upcoming season?

One knock on Barnes was his inability to recruit at a high level. Texas recruits itself. Tennessee doesn't. It's just true....

Reactions: 1 person
He's been on the job for weeks now. Weeks. It's nearly May and very late in the game. Had some visitors, heard some rumors transfers and what not.

But, is he actively trying to or actually going to sign any players for this upcoming season?

One knock on Barnes was his inability to recruit at a high level. Texas recruits itself. Tennessee doesn't. It's just true....

You have to be kidding me. Inability to recruit? Seriously? That is probably his greatest strength. He has recruited and coached no less than 15 players who have playedin the NBA. Texas didn't "recruit itself" before Barnes got there, so I'm not sure where you get that idea from. Texas has 32 NCAA appearances and Barnes is responsible for half of them. From 1939-1998 (60 years), Texas had 16 appearances in the NCAA tournament. That recruited itself???

Or perhaps, Barnes going to 16 NCAA tournaments in 17 years at a "football school" with little basketball tradition or history to speak of prior to his arrival, created an environment that now fosters the ability to "recruit itself".

Is he trying to recruit? I'll assume that is a rhetorical question.

Reactions: 48 people
Im pretty sure he is going to wait till after everyone is signed and see who is left, that way they will be grateful for the opportunity and play with heart and work like heck!!!

Reactions: 3 people
And then I stumble upon this gem from the OP in response to a nearly identical question from another poster only 11 days ago which read...

"Will Barnes sign at least one player before the signing period is over? Is he even trying?"

Who is Will Barnes?

On another note.....

No, coach Barnes isn't going to sign any players at all. Ever. He isn't going to work at all. He just took the job at UT to do absolutely nothing and get paid over 2 mil a year.

What do you want him to do? Hold daily pressers to keep you updated as to his daily work (recruiting) schedule?

He isn't even allowed, by rule, to discuss these things......

I think I will trust and have a little more faith in an already on his way to the Hall of Fame coach.......

GGGGEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEE

Last edited:
Reactions: 34 people
Horrible recruiter. Does not have an eye for talent and has never recruited any good players in his life. :crazy:

rbz_Kevin_Durant_NBA_3.jpg.JPG

Reactions: 24 people
I have seen Barnes a bunch at the Tap Room on the Strip. He has not shaved in days, he is doing his laundry next door and then sitting in the Tap Room drinking Schlitz and watching the Cubs play. Harry Carey sure is good, and I like watching Leon Durham play. The Tap Room has a new Mata Hari pinball game as well as Centipede....

Smh

Reactions: 10 people

please don't step back from the ledge,,,,JUMP

can't hit the road to much, CDT and staff used most of it up...and tx didn't do to good til CRB got there, fb recruits by itself, not BB

Reactions: 3 people

I'm trying to make a connection here. What does "updates" have to do with the rest of your statement/question? So, Barnes has to keep you apprised of his recruiting strategy?

I'm trying to make a connection here. What does "updates" have to do with the rest of your statement/question? So, Barnes has to keep you apprised of his recruiting strategy?

Haven't you heard? Barnes has no strategy. He's not even trying. Piña coladas and reruns of Mama's Family in the break room 24/7. Deal with it.

@rockytopinsider

We have confirmed that 6-10, 210 pound 4-star PF Ebuka Izundu made it in for his official visit and is currently on campus.

VN Store

Back