Tennessee Football: Vols loaded at receiver

I don't know a lot about Johnathon Johnson, but he was the best-looking WR in the O&W game a month ago. The writer should've included him, just in case he continues to set himself apart. Otherwise, a pretty balanced and objective run-down.

Reactions: 6 people
The vols are loaded at wide receiver IF ...

They can get healthy and get back on the field and stay on the field and "put it together".

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know a lot about Johnathon Johnson, but he was the best-looking WR in the O&W game a month ago. The writer should've included him, just in case he continues to set himself apart. Otherwise, a pretty balanced and objective run-down.

I remember thinking Bill Grimes looked awesome in the 2004 spring game.

FWIW he transferred after the 2005 season with 0 starts / 2 games played in his career as a Vol.

Sometimes it depends on who was healthy for spring football

Man I hope we can connect on some deep balls this year or at least get some crazy yac!
A 1000 yard receiver would keep recruiting the big time WR's a lot easier IMO.

Tired of hearing how Croom is a matchup nightmare for DBs. He's been very underwhelming so far.

he has been underwhelming ,I hope he has an injury free year for a change,I believe that is his problem

of course from reading that article,injuries has been a major problem for the receiving group

he has been underwhelming ,I hope he has an injury free year for a change,I believe that is his problem

of course from reading that article,injuries has been a major problem for the receiving group

Hopefully it'll be different this year.

The biggest open questions going forward are whether coach DeBord play calling will consistently get them the ball vs top SEC defenses, and whether Dobbs will sufficiently improve in the passing game.

The writer talks about the injuries for the receivers except for Josh Smith. He just said he dropped alot his freshman year and he did but he also had a injured knee and finger he was playing through

Josh Smith is the one guy I think can really be a spark and turning point. I am very excited to see him healthy and back out there after the flashes he was showing early last year.

Reactions: 2 people
Josh Smith is the one guy I think can really be a spark and turning point. I am very excited to see him healthy and back out there after the flashes he was showing early last year.

Hopefully he can pick up where he left off. He's definitely a fan favorite, at least one of my favorites.

Reactions: 1 person
The biggest open questions going forward are whether coach DeBord play calling will consistently get them the ball vs top SEC defenses, and whether Dobbs will sufficiently improve in the passing game.

The biggest question is how will our offensive line play.

Reactions: 3 people
Tired of hearing how Croom is a matchup nightmare for DBs. He's been very underwhelming so far.

Health has been his downfall, but his lack of receptions goes on the QBs. At 6'5" they need to thrown the ball up higher, they never use his height for his advantage but I assume its because they are always rushed to pass the ball...I rooting for J Croom on his coming out party.2015

Reactions: 2 people
Health has been his downfall, but his lack of receptions goes on the QBs. At 6'5" they need to thrown the ball up higher, they never use his height for his advantage but I assume its because they are always rushed to pass the ball...I rooting for J Croom on his coming out party.2015

Little over simplistic to put it all on the qbs IMO. I'm not sure how close it was to 50-50, half his fault and half the qbs fault, but I think that's much more likely. They did actually throw him some balls (not enough IMO) last year where they tried to utilize his size and had mixed results. The 2 that come quickly to mind....vs Oklahoma where he was outfought by the DB for and interception and vs Georgia where he made a nice grab for a touchdown. I do agree that we should use him (and North and Pearson) around the goaline.

Outside of pig croom has been our biggest playmaker at WR. He makes clutch catches and splash plays ( Georgia game, USC game tieing Td, kentucky screen play.) Croom
Deserves more credit then he gets I don't undestdand what everyone's problem
Is with him

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back