Absurd prediction

Orange And Garnet

I usually don't start threads, especially ones in which I complain, but this UGA homeristic prediction has upset me. Number one the score is ridiculous, but the reasons behind the score shows this guy has no clue about us. Enjoy:

Following a tough, physical game against Alabama, Georgia is going to have to try to rebound in Neyland Stadium. Tennessee is talented, but unproven under Butch Jones. Defensive end Derek Barnett, running back Jalen Hurd and wide receiver Marquez North are all talented young players, but they lack elite talent at key positions, specifically quarterback. Tennessee has nothing that truly strikes fear into its opposition. Still, they’ve nearly pulled off the upset against UGA the past four years. They aren’t going to let the Volunteers keep it so close this year. Watch for the offensive line and running backs to impose their will on the Vols and the struggles of Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs

Prediction: Georgia 41, Tennessee 20

Reactions: 3 people
The lack of elite talent at key positions, their run game imposing their will on our DL and somebody beating us by 20 in Neyland is just laughable. IMO

Reactions: 11 people
LOL We got this close the last 2 years with virtually nothing, they're just in denial. And BTW, UGA is the last school that should be talking about "elite QBs."

Reactions: 6 people
Interesting train of thought there. I don't think Georgia is going to come to Neyland and impose their will on anything. This game comes down to our Dline Vs their O Line and Vice Versa I believe Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara can hang with their running backs.

They may win but it is going to be a LONG 60 minutes of both teams doing nothing but pounding the rock.

The recipe to beat the dogs 8 in the box and use Curt Maggit and Derek Barnett to pressure the qb all night long.

I think this game is going to be another nail biter.

I wouldn't pick either team by more than three if I were betting.

Reactions: 3 people
We lack elite talent at quarterback, and they have....who?

That said, it's silly to get upset about what a UGA fan thinks about this game. Of course he's going to pick his team to win and win big. They've beat us 5 years in a row.

Reactions: 1 person
LOL We got this close the last 2 years with virtually nothing, they're just in denial. And BTW, UGA is the last school that should be talking about "elite QBs."

My thoughts exactly. I'd take dobbs over any UGA QB right now in a heartbeat.

Pertaining to the game neither team will blow the other one out. It will be a hard fought game like every year. I like that it is in Neyland and a night game would be so clutch that weekend. Go vols

Living down here I hear this stuff all the time!

We lack elite talent at quarterback, and they have....who?

That said, it's silly to get upset about what a UGA fan thinks about this game. Of course he's going to pick his team to win and win big. They've beat us 5 years in a row.

My thoughts exactly on the qb. But I should rephrase the upset part. I'm more upset of the lack of research this person conducted more so than the prediction.uts not like it was a random fan. This was from one of their big Twitter accounts that has a lot of following

Yeah man, your anger is misplaced. They have every right to be cocky. But if we beat em, it'll only sting all the more.

Reactions: 2 people
I dont see uga comming into knoxville and winning by 21 i think uga is more worried about ut than ut is about uga... vols win by 10

Living down here I hear this stuff all the time!

I'm right here with ya man! I live in South Georgia and this kind of nonsense is everyday talk here. Every year they're gonna win the National Championship and every year they get "robbed". It's pretty ridiculous and very delusional.

Does this guy realize Dobbs is likely leaps and bounds better than whoever they're going to trot out under center?

If they beat Bama right before they play us we could be in trouble.

But please football gods let Richt and their team have the same mentality about us not having a threat at QB.

VN Store

Back