'17 OL Wyatt Davis

rote

You're slacking, rote...forgot to put the state in the thread title.

adamgorney: New 2017 5-star Wyatt Davis wants to visit many schools #Tennessee #ND included New five-star planning visits

CWNgYOhVEAAw-2s.jpg

WHAT'S NEXT?: Davis is not hesitant to go out on the road and visit a bunch of schools since he saw Alabama, Florida, UCF, Miami and others last offseason and it looks like another round will happen again. The new five-star said he wants to see Tennessee, Washington, Notre Dame, Florida, LSU, Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Michigan, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Miami and Nebraska in the coming months. If that's feasible, we'll find out, but Davis definitely wants to do his homework before making a decision

Reactions: 1 person
2017 five-star offensive tackle, bellflower, calif./st. John bosco
ranked as the nation’s no. 7 offensive tackle by 247sports.com composite rankings.
Alabama remains in the lead. Visited usc saturday.

Notre dame, michigan, ole miss, georgia, nebraska, oklahoma, tennessee, georgia, florida & alabama will get spring visits.

The crystal ball reads 88-percent for alabama and 12-percent for ucla.

2017 5* CA OT Wyatt Davis will be visiting the University of Tennessee on April 16th for UT's Spring Football Game according to Rivals.com.

Reactions: 6 people
2017 5* CA OT Wyatt Davis will be visiting the University of Tennessee on April 16th for UT's Spring Football Game according to Rivals.com.

Good stuff. Glad to see us getting some top level California guys on campus. Idk our chances (guessing slim to none) but good to see regardless.

I feel like there are more offers going out this year. Probably wrong tho

No interest in offering a kid who wants to see freaking 30 school in the next yr. Kids can't order off the dollar menu and they want to visit 30 schools.

Boring

No interest in offering a kid who wants to see freaking 30 school in the next yr. Kids can't order off the dollar menu and they want to visit 30 schools.

Boring

Huh??? I mean I would hate for the kid to try to find the best fit for him in a school...

Huh?
I'm not worried about the kid finding its right just speaking from a recruiting standpoint.

I'm worried about the vols. Good luck wish the kid the best. Hope he finds something he likes .

In the recruiting world this is called "the grand tour"

I want the kids that are working out not doing rd shows

At the end of Matthew Burrell's Soph yr coach Caldwell ol coach at Clemson ask if he was ready to committ or continue his rd show.

Burrell said I'm still looking .
Coach Caldwell says "good luck young man we are looking for something a little different.
Few days later Mitch Hyatt committed .
Mitch stopped his recruitment burrel continued to show right up to signing day.

Burrell never touched field this year. Hyatt became an all american starter for the team playing for a natl Chamionship,

i want the Mitch types. Not the Burrell type

So hopefully that helps you w huh? Obviously kid is not getting good advice
How can you visit all those schools, workout, pass school, spring practice , and have some sort of life w family

Last edited:
Huh?
I'm not worried about the kid finding its right just speaking from a recruiting standpoint.

I'm worried about the vols. Good luck wish the kid the best. Hope he finds something he likes .

At the end of Matthew Burrell's Soph yr coach Caldwell ol coach at Clemson ask if he was ready to committ or continue his rd show.

Coach Caldwell says "good luck young man we are looking for something a little different.

Burrell never touched field this year. Hyatt became an all american starter for the team playing for a natl Chamionship,

How can you visit all those schools, workout, pass school, spring practice , and have some sort of life w family

Or, it could be that Mitch Hyatt was just a better OL than Matthew Burrell.

In your example, a 15 or 16 year old kid is being asked to make a commitment to a school that he will not step foot in for over 2 years. If he did not feel comfortable, like Mitch Hyatt obviously did, then he made the right decision to keep looking.

Huh?

So, with your one example of insider information with Clemson recruiting, you lump every other kid who wants to see what there is to offer together with one kid who did not start over another kid because, well, I am sure that the only reason Burrell did not start at Clemson was because of his road show.

pretty ****ty of a coach to put that kind of pressure on a kid AT THE END OF HIS SOPH YR!.

Of course that's Clemson. It worked out for them that time. Maybe not so good next time, but its still pretty ****ty of Caldwell. JMO

What I think your missing here is that as a coach you only have

So many scholarships
So much $$ in budget for recruiting
So much time

I think the seasoned recruiters are good at recognizing who is looking for attention and who is looking for a new home.

Coach brooks just did the exact thing to Rodgers kid from knox cath
He wS either 15 or just turned 16 by days

The story above came from Burrell not Caldwell
I will exit at this point and shoulda stayed out

Last edited:

So many scholarships
So much time

I think the seasoned recruiters are good at recognizing who is looking for attention and who is looking for a new home.

Might be best, because it seems like you may not fully understand the recruiting game these days. Almost all kids take visits, and many of them take lots of them. It's a huge decision in their life...why commit somewhere when you aren't fully sure that's really where you want to be?

Reactions: 2 people

So many scholarships
So much time

Lol

VN Store

Back