Sheriron Jones not even staying for lunch after graduation, heading straight to UT

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
How anxious? He’s not even sticking around for lunch after his high school graduation ceremony.

Jones, a Top247 quarterback prospect from Rancho Verde High School in Moreno Valley, Calif., is graduating Thursday morning and then hurrying to LAX to catch a noon flight to Knoxville.

“No time for lunch,” Jones told GoVols247 on Tuesday night. “Not at all.”

“Really, at the end of the day, we’re all teammates and we’re in this thing together, and that’s the main focus,” he said. “I’m happy for them about the decisions they made to go early so they can get their competition going early and everything like that. But at the same time I can’t wait to get up there and show what I can do.

I like Dormady, but this guy is the one of the 3 I'm most excited about. He's ready to get to UT and go to work.

Reactions: 47 people
Butch isn't joking about building extreme depth at all positions. Playing for championships requires early fruition for potential attrition, and keeping all these talented fellas uber-motivated seems to be one of Coach Jones' fortes. For the first time since Mister Manning worked his way into the starting lineup, UT's liable to have some depth at QB. 'Can't wait to see your stuff, Mister Jones.

Reactions: 4 people
Butch isn't joking about building extreme depth at all positions. Playing for championships requires early fruition for potential attrition, and keeping all these talented fellas uber-motivated seems to be one of Coach Jones' fortes. For the first time since Mister Manning worked his way into the starting lineup, UT's liable to have some depth at QB. 'Can't wait to see your stuff, Mister Jones.

Hey, you're a Tennessee fan.... its fruitation! :rock:

Reactions: 1 person
It's going to be awesome to see all these young guns battling for the chance to get on the field and let it rip. I don't think Jennings is getting much attention as the other kids. I think he's going to surprise some people before his time is done. Got to love our instate kids. Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
2017:

Dormady - Junior
Jones - RS Sophomore
Guarantano - RS Freshman

Should be a good competition.

Jennings - Safety

That is pretty exciting. Personally, I think Guarantano, with his reported strong athleticism and strong arm, is the best fit for Butch's offense out of the recruited QBs to date and I think Jennings, with his athleticism, could be a great fit if the other parts of his game come along. I, however, see Jennings, as you've also stated, at another position (safety, LB, or WR) where it is rumored that he has NFL potential, particularly at safety. As of yet, I cannot get a gauge on Dormady and Jones' athleticism. I tend to think Dormady or Jones will emerge and the other will transfer while Guarantano waits in the wings. The Ohio State situation where three very good QBs stick around is simply weird.

That is pretty exciting. Personally, I think Guarantano, with his reported strong athleticism and strong arm, is the best fit for Butch's offense out of the recruited QBs to date and I think Jennings, with his athleticism, could be a great fit if the other parts of his game come along. I, however, see Jennings, as you've also stated, at another position (safety, LB, or WR) where it is rumored that he has NFL potential, particularly at safety. As of yet, I cannot get a gauge on Dormady and Jones' athleticism. I tend to think Dormady or Jones will emerge and the other will transfer while Guarantano waits in the wings. The Ohio State situation where three very good QBs stick around is simply weird.

Dormady isn't a statue. He's a better athlete than Worely for sure. He ran a really good shuttle time which means his pocket quickness is also probably good.

Jones is accurate and has really good mechanics and his feet are good. He's about a 4.6 guy.

Both of them are better passers than Dobbs was at the same stage.

Love the energy these incoming players are bringing! I don't see how fans can't be excited and optimistic when the players clearly are.

The commitment of California players like Jones and K-Mac will help us gain greater inroads into the state-- another reason to be excited about the future.

Reactions: 1 person
I like Dormady, but this guy is the one of the 3 I'm most excited about. He's ready to get to UT and go to work.
I totally agree with you regarding Dormady and Sheriron. People need to keep their eye on this youngster he is magic on the gridiron. Really need him not to lose focus I see him as the starter not to many years outlying, he has that innate talent of being a winner and leader. He is a natural leader, not some trumped up thing he has heard about at QB camps or from a hs coaching staff.

Last edited:
I get that he's a 4* and there's no doubt he's talented - hope he does really well here, but does anyone have an idea of why the only PAC12 offer he received were Arizona and Colorado? Not being confrontational, just genuinely curious.

2017:

Dormady - Junior
Jones - RS Sophomore
Guarantano - RS Freshman

Should be a good competition.

Jennings - Safety

I like this-- should be how things shape up.... I see Guarantano pushing earlier for playing time than the others though

It will be interesting to see how outside factors like TIME if all of these guys stay committed and stay if they don't start year one or two and TIME to see who develops, so many factors will go into who is on the field come 2017 and beyond.

No denying if we have the "rated" 2nd best QB in the SEC this year and had a top QB recruiting class with the 3 guys coming in, adding one more for next year by all factors other than actual play and development, finally be set at the QB position from now until 2020. And that is very exciting to think about.

VN Store

Back