Nike's initial Brand analysis of UT

I don't know who dd4vols got these from, but whoever they are has some serious stats.

Looks like an internal Nike P/D survey.

" Nurture brand champions - Legal and Licensing"

Glad they have faith... We probably also don't won't to see the results of failure. But it is just business.

Deadspin posted this > 6 months ago with the "behind the scenes" stuff regarding the Lady Vols. It's a basic Marketing Study that is done everyday somewhere. Enjoy!

BTW...yesterday was well done...and nothing but good will come out of this association with Nike, IMHO.

NOW...it's TIME for some BIG TIME FOOTBALL!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I feel like I'm in the minority of people who are kind of shrugging their shoulders a little bit about all of this Nike hype.

But one thing I really do like is how they keyed-in on standardizing some of the logos and other stylistic points across all sports.

Even though some of the changes will take a little getting used to, I think that aspect of the change is ultimately going to be viewed as a big improvement.

Reactions: 2 people
You know, its ironic really that people got so worked up over Nike "Oregoning" us when so far, it appears that they put far more care and consideration into our brand and what makes us uniquely Tennessee than Adidas ever did.

Reactions: 10 people
I feel like I'm in the minority of people who are kind of shrugging their shoulders a little bit about all of this Nike hype.

But one thing I really do like is how they keyed-in on standardizing some of the logos and other stylistic points across all sports.

Even though some of the changes will take a little getting used to, I think that aspect of the change is ultimately going to be viewed as a big improvement.

I like the long term benefits of being with Nike but am with you on the "hype" part.

Here's the thing, the "minority" is actually much harder to judge than that. If someone was not that concerned with the switch, chances are they never commented about it. Meaning they are not considered in "the reaction"

I like the long term benefits of being with Nike but am with you on the "hype" part.

Here's the thing, the "minority" is actually much harder to judge than that. If someone was not that concerned with the switch, chances are they never commented about it. Meaning they are not considered in "the reaction"

Good point.

Good point.

I honestly know people that purchased season tickets before I ever could claim such status. When I asked about the switch, they started their response with "yeah, I heard about that". Mild shoulder shrugs included.

VN Store

Back