recruit reactions to Nike switch

kamoshika

As the Vols make the official switch to the 'swoosh' from 'three stripes' recruits have weighed in on the change as well.

Whether it's from quotes we've gathered here at Volquest.com to reaction on social media, here's a look at how football recruits across the country are responding to Tennessee's move to Nike.

https://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1779557

Reactions: 2 people
Could we put a moratorium on the word Nike till the season begins?
Volnation is about to OD on this particular four-letter word.

Last edited:
99.9% none of the recruits can even tell you where the name Nike comes from.

Reactions: 1 person
If a recruit chooses a school for the uniforms or the like, I'm not interested.

Lol your type cracks me up.. I want the best players here period. I don't care if they came here because they like the multi colored lights on the Henley st bridge.. Just win!

Reactions: 12 people
99.9% none of the recruits can even tell you where the name Nike comes from.

Didn't realize that was a prerequisite to like a brand. Not much into Greek mythology, but goddess of victory is better than one that is a god of poetry or something lame like that.

Lol your type cracks me up.. I want the best players here period. I don't care if they came here because they like the multi colored lights on the Henley st bridge.. Just win!

Yeah, good thing feathersax isn't on the coaching staff. I'll take talented recruits any way we can get them. Hubbs mentioned one kid committed to a school due to the proximity of a Chik-Fil-A. Whatever it takes.

Yeah, good thing feathersax isn't on the coaching staff. I'll take talented recruits any way we can get them. Hubbs mentioned one kid committed to a school due to the proximity of a Chik-Fil-A. Whatever it takes.

Shoot, don't we have one on campus!?!

I didn't figure changing to Nike would be all that big of a deal to recruits, but I guess I was wrong.

It was Cassanova McKenzy, he picked Auburn over Clemson because of Chick-fil-A

Whether they say it or not there is a check list:

Education
Facilities
Coaches
Am I going to look good in their gear

It maybe the last check but its still on the list.

I would say that differences in sports footwear go well beyond style, and is a completely legitimate factor in choosing a school. I hate bad shoes. Bet they do too.

If a recruit chooses a school for the uniforms or the like, I'm not interested.

We are talking about 17 and 18 year old kids. How they make their decision isn't important. What is important is how they grow and mature in the CBJ program. If a swoosh makes a difference getting a kid on campus I'm all about it.

Reaction to the change seems pretty favorable, but it probably pales in comparison to the reaction we are going to get when we put up 10 wins this season: SEC East champs, #smokeygrayinATL. (Hash tag for 17 and 18 year olds)

VN Store

Back