At the beach

majorvol

Heard a lot of ( Go vols ) today at the beach in Destin. See lots of T's and lots of orange down here.... Happy 4th..GBO

Reactions: 8 people
I'm on vacation in the Dominican Republic and have ran into a couple other Vols fans at the resort I'm staying at. I've been wearing my Power T hat all week at the beach.

Reactions: 3 people
I can't believe it hasn't been said yet, so I guess I will.

COOL STORY, BRO!:hi:

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The whole state of Florida is on constant lookout for the bandwagon.

Like I literally just picture robots that sit on their couch, turn on ESPN, ESPN tells them who is trending right now, they stand up off the couch, they head to the nearest sports store to purchase the jersey of said trending team.

During all this they never say a word to anyone. Just mindless bandwagon followers.

The whole state of Florida is on constant lookout for the bandwagon.

Like I literally just picture robots that sit on their couch, turn on ESPN, ESPN tells them who is trending right now, they stand up off the couch, they head to the nearest sports store to purchase the jersey of said trending team.

During all this they never say a word to anyone. Just mindless bandwagon followers.

Yes, that's exactly what it's like. :ermm:

Reactions: 2 people
Heading to St Maartin October 18 for a week, yep after the Georgia game and during our bye week. I will be taking my Tennessee banner to hang on our balcony railing.

During this past week I had to go to an auto repair business here in Middle Tn. that I hadn't used before. It is a small independent one man type business that you don't find much anymore. I walked into the office and it was covered in Vols memoriabilia. He had pics of himself with Bob Kesling and all kinds of plaques, calendars, pic of Pat Summit, etc. I told him that I liked his office and he said he had been a Vol fan since the 70s and I said me too. I immediately decided I liked this guy and could probably trust him esp. since he was recommended by my longtime, trusted mechanic.
Funny part was I had visited 2 other places for estimates and those guys pecked on their computer then printed out an estimate but this guy got out his orange calculator and wrote up my estimate on his orange clipboard. Old School, I like it.

Reactions: 5 people
Been on the beach all week in Aruba with the family and missed the Nike launch. Can't wait to get back and get some new gear to prepare for the upcoming season. Have met a few SEC folks who all said they know the VOLS are becoming prominent again and that's always good to hear. Enjoying the beach and Independence Day, hope you and your families do the same.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 44
Been on the beach all week in Aruba with the family and missed the Nike launch. Can't wait to get back and get some new gear to prepare for the upcoming season. Have met a few SEC folks who all said they know the VOLS are becoming prominent again and that's always good to hear. Enjoying the beach and Independence Day, hope you and your families do the same.

Go the Charlie Boozer's for beer?

Go the Charlie Boozer's for beer?

We'll be heading toward the south side of the island tomorrow and will stop in at Charlie's. We've stayed in north section (Oranjestad & North) to this point doing the touristy stuff.

We'll be heading toward the south side of the island tomorrow and will stop in at Charlie's. We've stayed in north section (Oranjestad & North) to this point doing the touristy stuff.

I believe its the oldest bar on the island...enjoy

I'm at home in chattanooga-tn and there are tons of cars driving around town rocking the t. Oh wait, is that post worthy?

I'm thinking about Aruba for my honeymoon, would you recommend that as a good spot for a honeymoon? I've heard nothing but good things about Aruba other than the obvious about that pos Dutch kid.

Have fun and watch out for sharks.

Great advice! Unless the sharks come up to my chair on the beach, I have nothing to worry about next week, lol. I love how the media refers to shark bites as "attacks". People go into their territory and get bit; it's the same as a stranger walking into your living room and getting "bit". It's not an attack.

I'm thinking about Aruba for my honeymoon, would you recommend that as a good spot for a honeymoon? I've heard nothing but good things about Aruba other than the obvious about that pos Dutch kid.

The answer is.... It depends! If you are looking for somewhere to go that has a familiar beach feel, speaks English and takes US dollars, then it's great. The people are very friendly.

The trade winds make it very arrid and not tropical so if you are looking for tropics like Hawaii, this place is not it. It's more of a desert feel. Lots of cactus and sand/dirt.

It's a great area to just hang out and grab sun and sea and relax

It's costly here as well. You can do a trip to Hawaii for the about the same price and the difference will be the flights.

My two cents...

VN Store

Back