Other fan football forums can be quite enlightening

TheMookieMonster

So I love reading and conversing with everyone on Vol Nation, but lately I have found myself more entertained my going and reading over other fanbases forums. I have picked up on some pretty hilarious threads, and it's pretty enlightening getting to see how others view your team. For example, a good portion of Oklahoma fans believe East TN is a dump and one fan described Neyland as a big, ugly hunk of metal with nothing special about it. Also, apparently Georgia fans believe that they are going to land just about every commit on their board.

Some of the favorite things I have noticed have come from the Florida board:

-Florida thinks they have a legitimate shot at winning the East, more so than Tennessee.

-Their fanbase thinks McElwain is already a better coach than Butch without coaching a single snap in the SEC.

-Florida fans apparently feel that a true freshmen QB, Grier, is the answer to their problems. Most of them feel like if their offense is only slightly better than last year their defense can just carry them to the SEC title game. That's a lot of pressure on a true freshmen.

-They are overlooking us. Granted, I will only believe we best Florida when I see it. Too many times have we had the chance and squandered it, but this is arguably our best team and best chance to beat them in quite some time and most of them believe that because it's in the Swamp that the game shouldn't be all that difficult. There are a few fans nervous but most think it shouldn't be trouble.

Overall, these forums are great reads. Provides some solid entertainment. In conclusion, go vols and Florida sucks :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Reactions: 7 people
We had a great series on here that one of the members does for each team's board the week of the game

Florida's Offensive Line is going to be the best in the league - far better than Bama and Georgia's.

I would love to hear historians place Florida's O-Line on the SEC Best of all time list. I'm thinking easy top 5. May be #1 if they stop blocking each other.

Reactions: 6 people
Florida's Offensive Line is going to be the best in the league - far better than Bama and Georgia's.

I would love to hear historians place Florida's O-Line on the SEC Best of all time list. I'm thinking easy top 5. May be #1 if they stop blocking each other.

Sarcasm? I think? They have a completely new OL this year much like us last year.

Reactions: 1 person
For example, a good portion of Oklahoma fans believe East TN is a dump and one fan described Neyland as a big, ugly hunk of metal with nothing special about it.

Let me go ahead and set the record straight...

There is nothing special at all about Gaylord Memorial Stadium. At all.

Reactions: 7 people

I have to agree. And I'm an OU fan. Enclosing the south end zone at the end of this season (that's the plan and they have the donations already, will make it a much better place to play and visit.

I have to agree. And I'm an OU fan. Enclosing the south end zone at the end of this season (that's the plan and they have the donations already, will make it a much better place to play and visit.

Yeah I just replied in the other topic to you as well. Every fan base has those people you wish you didn't have to claim. There are some on here as well. But the majority are classy folks and it's nice to have conversations with them.

I just find it amusing to read these posts more or less because I just like to see the other halfs perspective. You can typically pick out the trolls, but the troll posts sometimes are the best.

There is a Gator Board (swamp gas?) that had a thread about Eric berry and his cancer. Everyone was congratulatory, wishing him well, and generally commenting on what a class act he is. I was surprised and appreciative.

Reactions: 6 people
There is a Gator Board (swamp gas?) that had a thread about Eric berry and his cancer. Everyone was congratulatory, wishing him well, and generally commenting on what a class act he is. I was surprised and appreciative.

I saw that. I was happily surprised as well. But everyone can rally around someone going through that sort of situation. It's a feel good story that makes even bitter rivals put aside petty differences for once and appreciate the finer things in life.

So I love reading and conversing with everyone on Vol Nation, but lately I have found myself more entertained my going and reading over other fanbases forums. I have picked up on some pretty hilarious threads, and it's pretty enlightening getting to see how others view your team. For example, a good portion of Oklahoma fans believe East TN is a dump and one fan described Neyland as a big, ugly hunk of metal with nothing special about it. Also, apparently Georgia fans believe that they are going to land just about every commit on their board.

Some of the favorite things I have noticed have come from the Florida board:

-Florida thinks they have a legitimate shot at winning the East, more so than Tennessee.

-Their fanbase thinks McElwain is already a better coach than Butch without coaching a single snap in the SEC.

-Florida fans apparently feel that a true freshmen QB, Grier, is the answer to their problems. Most of them feel like if their offense is only slightly better than last year their defense can just carry them to the SEC title game. That's a lot of pressure on a true freshmen.

-They are overlooking us. Granted, I will only believe we best Florida when I see it. Too many times have we had the chance and squandered it, but this is arguably our best team and best chance to beat them in quite some time and most of them believe that because it's in the Swamp that the game shouldn't be all that difficult. There are a few fans nervous but most think it shouldn't be trouble.

Overall, these forums are great reads. Provides some solid entertainment. In conclusion, go vols and Florida sucks :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Pretty sure Grier is a redshirt freshman. Also, to be fair, if we'd beaten Florida in the myriad of ways that they've beaten us over the years, I'd be very confident as a fan as well. Hopefully we go to Gainesville and end the streak this year.

Reactions: 3 people

I had a great time last year...your fans are welcoming and friendly. Planning on attending another game in the future. Next time I'll take the elevator...those ramps nearly killed my girlfriend.

I loved seeing that over and over on the Not Top 10.

:loco:

I really hope they checkerboard Neyland for you all. I know someone had the idea before the OU/UT game last year, but you all striping the stadium for Tennessee was the final push for our 1st checkerboard.

We need to kick there azz this year and shut there fans the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF up, because if we dont we have to hear this s#it another year.:banghead2:

Last edited:
I really hope they checkerboard Neyland for you all. I know someone had the idea before the OU/UT game last year, but you all striping the stadium for Tennessee was the final push for our 1st checkerboard.

As a Tennessee born and raised, die hard Vol fan, I'd love to see the checkerboard stadium again.

Reactions: 3 people
As a Tennessee born and raised, die hard Vol fan, I'd love to see the checkerboard stadium again.

I hope we do it again this year as well, but something tells me it won't. Not saying we never do it again, I think we will, but I think the PR/Marketing departments probably don't want to wear the novelty of it off by doing it too often. Something tells me we will see it again in the 2016/2017 season.

:)
I hope we do it again this year as well, but something tells me it won't. Not saying we never do it again, I think we will, but I think the PR/Marketing departments probably don't want to wear the novelty of it off by doing it too often. Something tells me we will see it again in the 2016/2017 season.

Checkerboard Bristol Motor Speedway:)

Go check out hogville.net, the consensus there is that we may as well not show up because they're gonna destroy us and it won't be close.

VN Store

Back