Tight end Kyle Oliver leaving the program

Fingers

The 6-foot-4, 226-pound tight end from Murfreesboro Oakland did not comply with team standards, per multiple sources in both the Midstate and on campus.

Oliver does not risk sitting out and could land in-state, potentially at Chattanooga. Louisville also had recruited Oliver out of high school, as did Kentucky among others. Junior college and Western Kentucky also could be optionals.

John Brice

17 min ago Paul Fortenberry tweeted out that another 2015 signee has parted ways with UT. Link? Info?

Damn. He was going to be a great one as well. I wonder what he did. Just for once I wish there was an offseason with no turnover, especially wit the young ones. He just got to campus. Sad to see him go but if he isn't respecting the program and the way we do things then I guess good riddance.

More importantly, does this open up a scholly for the 2016 class?

Damn. He was going to be a great one as well. I wonder what he did. Just for once I wish there was an offseason with no turnover, especially wit the young ones. He just got to campus. Sad to see him go but if he isn't respecting the program and the way we do things then I guess good riddance.

Might happen once every 10 years, honestly.

Yes he was. And report is he was potentially linked with the Charles Mosley incident.

As I posted in the other thread, Kyle Oliver was Charles Mosley's accomplice. Looks like he might have provided the "product" and then allowed Mosley to drive under the influence.

There was nothing that would make anyone think Oliver was going to be "a great one".

Reactions: 16 people
As I posted in the other thread, Kyle Oliver was Charles Mosley's accomplice. Looks like he might have provided the "product" and then allowed Mosley to drive under the influence.

I hate losing someone at a position of little depth.
And, I really hate losing another in state player.
Alex Ellis is going to have to step up now.

Reactions: 1 person
There was nothing that would make anyone think Oliver was going to be "a great one".

We needed depth at TE and he had a solid skill-set. He was a 4* if I remember correctly. Let me clarify, maybe great one was a little much, but I definitely feel like if he kept his head on his shoulders that he could have turned out to be a very solid member of this team after gaining some experience.

We needed depth at TE and he had a solid skill-set. He was a 4* if I remember correctly. Let me clarify, maybe great one was a little much, but I definitely feel like if he kept his head on his shoulders that he could have turned out to be a very solid member of this team after gaining some experience.

no, he was not a 4 star. Plus he brings nothing to the table that Creamer cant do for us athletically right now for this season.

Reactions: 9 people
I hate losing someone at a position of little depth.
And, I really hate losing another in state player.
Alex Ellis is going to have to step up now.

Maybe Creamer will step up too.

At least next class will bring in two excellent TE prospects.

tenacGuy50 said:
I think Alex Ellis will do just fine.

Yaa. Ellis has had a couple of good catches and that trick play.

Hope Oliver goes to UTC. The Mocs are racking up on UT transfers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
TE position needs more depth.

You know who has a TE's frame....

(Sorry. Could. Not. Resist)

Reactions: 7 people
Kyle Oliver leaving also opens up another scholarship for the 2016 class. Tennessee can now sign 20 recruits.

He was a low to mid 3 star. He's slow and skinny for an SEC tight end. He would not have contributed in any significant way here regardless.

VN Store

Back