Rival fan weigh in

DD4ME

Zoo Keeper
Do you believe UT is headed back to being in the top 2-3 in the conference consistently? Many of you can tout a winning record with Butch at the helm but do you believe that will continue?

Nope we all think we will battle candy for last place in the east.........

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know if Butch is the guy or not. This season will tell the tale. I think sooner or later the East will be back to Uf, UGA, and UT.

Reactions: 1 person
Until the SECe teams show some sign of being able to compete with the SECw consistently, the answer is no. For all of us.

Reactions: 10 people
Imo as a vol fan . U look at this team it fought harder for butch jones then almost any team I have ever seen play for a couch .

Reactions: 4 people
Do you believe UT is headed back to being in the top 2-3 in the conference consistently? Many of you can tout a winning record with Butch at the helm but do you believe that will continue?

I see the Vols being in the conversation to compete for the East for the first time in seven years. However, don't see us in the top three of the entire league until Butch can put together a great o line. It is looking better though.

Reactions: 3 people
Until the SECe teams show some sign of being able to compete with the SECw consistently, the answer is no. For all of us.
UGA does. Richt is 3-2 against bama, 9-5 against Auburn, 4-4 against LSU, 6-1 against Arkansas, 6-0 against Ole Miss, 3-1 against MSU, 1-0 against A&M.
That is 32-13 against the West.

Reactions: 13 people
UGA does. Richt is 3-2 against bama, 9-5 against Auburn, 4-4 against LSU, 6-1 against Arkansas, 6-0 against Ole Miss, 3-1 against MSU, 1-0 against A&M.
That is 32-13 against the West.

When is the last year Georgia won a conference championship?

Reactions: 15 people
too long....:cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray:

Yep. I'm just being honest. As much as we pick on Richt, wish that was our record for the last decade. Under achieving with great talent, kicks the crap out of - achieving squat with squat to work with. :(

Reactions: 5 people
When is the last year Tennessee won a conference championship?

This would be a relevant post if anyone was claiming Tennessee was good against the West.

Richt coached teams are good in most games, but unfortunately for him(them?) they blow it in 1 or 2 games they have absolutely no business losing year in and year out, and assuming they do get to the SECCG, they can't seem to be able to win it.

Reactions: 2 people
I think they can.

As far as the east goes, if not them, who?

Georgia hasnt done it. Sc hasnt done it. Vandy, Ky, and Mizzou cant do it. Florida is in the toilet.

The only question is how good of a coach is Butch

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

That may prove to awfully difficult with how this conference has changed.

I don't know if Butch is the guy or not. This season will tell the tale. I think sooner or later the East will be back to Uf, UGA, and UT.

That is much easier to see..JMO!

Its at about this time every year we hear from fans who are sightly out of touch. We hear things like....

"UF isn't what they used to be, we will probably beat them". (10 years and still losing)
"Richt is an under achiever, this is our year against UGA".
"Mz is a fluke, this is our year".
"Ole Miss is WAY over-rated".
etc...etc..

I could go on and on. I'm not "Dan-downer", but honestly if UT can go 8-4 with a bowl game against a legitimate contender, I will be happy. If they beat said legitimate contender,....I. Will. Be. Elated.

(and Butch should be in the running for CotY.

I wish we'd just keep our expectations in the arena of reality. It prevents a lot of disappointment and 'flaming" on VN in the next few months.

Reactions: 5 people
I think they can.

As far as the east goes, if not them, who?

Georgia hasnt done it. Sc hasnt done it. Vandy, Ky, and Mizzou cant do it. Florida is in the toilet.

The only question is how good of a coach is Butch
I think Butch can learn from experience, unlike our last coach. We'll see what happens when he gets all of his high octane players he recruited on the field. Is he the next General Neyland? :dunno:

Reactions: Weezer

As much as I hate to admit this, UGA is already competing and beating the West. They are 7-3 the last 4 years. 1 of those losses was giving Bama a run for their money in the SEC Title game during one of their championship seasons.

VN Store

Back