UGA's toughest game this fall: At Tennessee.

HoptownVol

Most Bulldog fans are in denial about Tennessee's resurgence, but this guy gets it right. We will not
lose to Georgia this year, but its gratifying to see they are already posturing to call it a "letdown" game
the week after they play Bama.

If you're not nervous about this years game with Tennessee, you should open your eyes and
realize that Tennessee is on the rise and wants to beat the Georgia Bulldogs at all costs. I'm praying
that this isn't the annual letdown game for the Dawgs, but it certainly has the making of it. Don't sleep
on the Vols!

Georgia Bulldogs' Toughest Game of 2015: At Tennessee

Reactions: 11 people
Most Bulldog fans are in denial about Tennessee's resurgence, but this guy gets it right. We will not
lose to Georgia this year, but its gratifying to see they are already posturing to call it a "letdown" game

Funny that the author of this is named Buhler.
For those old enuf to remember the movie:
Ferris Buhlers (sp?) Day Off.....
Would love to see UGA take the day off when they play us. That game just might determine the East winner this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Would love to see UGA take the day off when they play us. That game just might determine the East winner this year.

Bueller.

Save Ferris

Reactions: 2 people

I'm counting on Saban and Slimeball to beat the **** of out the Dogs the week before we get them. Beat up and demoralized, the Dogs will limp into Neyland where the Vols will beat them like a rented mule. I will be at the game and will be loving every second. That I live in Atlanta will make the a$$-whooping that much sweeter. :dance2:

Reactions: 3 people
The article says that because we are the only team that hasn't beaten them in a long time they may not be motivated when they play us. It contrasts TN with Mizzu, Vandy, UF, Bama, Barn, and GT all programs that have beaten UGA in the last few years. But TN hasn't so the author predicts UGA will take us for granted.

Interesting that the Author assumes the only way UGA losses is if UGA overlooks the opponent. I think we have the talent to give UGA a game even if they play their best given the game is in Neyland.

Reactions: 5 people
Yah, for that reason if they'd called us the biggest trap game on Georgia's schedule, I'd have been along for the ride. But not the toughest game overall. Just one of the top three or four.

After the past 2 losses to UGA I think that we are due for a couple of breaks against them. Come on karma give us a break.

I'm counting on Saban and Slimeball to beat the **** of out the Dogs the week before we get them. Beat up and demoralized, the Dogs will limp into Neyland where the Vols will beat them like a rented mule. I will be at the game and will be loving every second. That I live in Atlanta will make the a$$-whooping that much sweeter. :dance2:

No.

I want there to be no excuses. Georgia's ass will be kicked because we da best

Uhhhh no. Most UGA fans are saying that UT has a potentially very good HC who has made very good strides in recruiting. I've not heard or read where any UGA fan is taking UT lightly, just the opposite. But to put UT ahead of Bama and/or AU at this point simply isn't realistic. They're ranked way ahead of UT. I think all three games will be tough, but I rank them close to what the polls indicate. That may be subject to change over the course of the season.

The Dawgs will be plenty motivated to beat us, IMO. They'll be beaten up after Bama, but we could be beaten up just as bad from playing Arky. It could be a nailbiter for the fourth year in a row, but this time, I think we prevail-- not because UGA gives it to us, but because we take it.

Uhhhh no. Most UGA fans are saying that UT has a potentially very good HC who has made very good strides in recruiting. I've not heard or read where any UGA fan is taking UT lightly, just the opposite. But to put UT ahead of Bama and/or AU at this point simply isn't realistic. They're ranked way ahead of UT. I think all three games will be tough, but I rank them close to what the polls indicate. That may be subject to change over the course of the season.

Thanks, but the internet disagrees with you.

The Dawgs will be plenty motivated to beat us, IMO. They'll be beaten up after Bama, but we could be beaten up just as bad from playing Arky. It could be a nailbiter for the fourth year in a row, but this time, I think we prevail.

Yeah, I will say Dobbs will be the difference of the game, if its close -- UGA QB has no experience with close games.

Yes sir/ma'am LO1....we Atlanta Vols ReAlllllly want this one!

For those that spent a little time in class up on The Hill, did you ever find it amusing that there is a Ferris Hall (EE) and a Beuhler Hall (Chemistry)?

When that movie came out, I thought about that. They didn't give days off in those buildings.

I'm glad they see the hand-writing on the wall.After bama they will be ripe for the picking and i'll be there

Yeah, I thinkk they will have something to say about it.

I think every UGA fan realizes UT can win the game. Heck, at this point in the yr, it's nothing more than woofing for either fan base to be guaranteeing any outcome because there are WAY to many variables that apply between now and the game.

Having said that, the idea that UT gets an advantage because UGA plays Bama the week before is specious for several reasons.

First, while a letdown wouldn't be unthinkable, trying to predict the mental state of a bunch of 18-22 yr old kids is a fools errand. The Dawgs could very well come in flat but they could also have the game circled and be sky high.

Next, UT has a schedule to play as well and playing OK, UF and Ark early in the season is a tough row to hoe and predicting the mental state of those kids is impossible at this point as well. I think everybody at UGA expects a tough game but I think TN fans that are expecting to boat race the Dawgs are basing it on hope more so than sound analysis.

Reactions: 3 people
I think every UGA fan realizes UT can win the game. Heck, at this point in the yr, it's nothing more than woofing for either fan base to be guaranteeing any outcome because there are WAY to many variables that apply between now and the game.

Having said that, the idea that UT gets an advantage because UGA plays Bama the week before is specious for several reasons.

First, while a letdown wouldn't be unthinkable, trying to predict the mental state of a bunch of 18-22 yr old kids is a fools errand. The Dawgs could very well come in flat but they could also have the game circled and be sky high.

Next, UT has a schedule to play as well and playing OK, UF and Ark early in the season is a tough row to hoe and predicting the mental state of those kids is impossible at this point as well. I think everybody at UGA expects a tough game but I think TN fans that are expecting to boat race the Dawgs are basing it on hope more so than sound analysis.

Georgia won the last 2 games by 6 points, when we had nothing. Now that we can actually field
a top tier SEC team thats going to be a problem for Mark Fulmer Richt.

It's amazing how cocky some people on here are. It's almost like we didn't lose six games last year. I want to buy into this team as much as the next guy. I'm hungry for it. The fact is though Tennessee and GAWGA have a few tough games to get through before they even play each other. It is unlikely UT gets through Oklahoma, Florida, and Arkansas with no injuries (not even to mention the mighty Catamounts.). The same goes for UGA since they play Bama and Scarolina. The question is who can stay the healthiest at key positions. If Dobbs goes down can the next guy step up? If Chubb goes down can UGA muster any offense? I think the answer in both cases is yes, but even a series lost in a close game can change the outcome. We saw that last year. My only point is that although we seem to be on the rise, let's get some actual wins before we start crowning ourself the Champs. SEC football is a gauntlet like no other and no game is guaranteed. And while we may be the best 7-6 team the preseason has ever known, we definitely have enough question marks (especially on the o-line) to at least remain humble til after the game. Then after accepting the challenge we can emerge victorious and bask in the glorious exhilaration of actually beating someone who, in our better days, used to consider any game against UT as likely lost before the game started. Then we will have earned the right to consider ourselves any team's toughest outing. Can I get an Amen! Lol

Georgia won the last 2 games by 6 points, when we had nothing. Now that we can actually field
a top tier SEC team thats going to be a problem for Mark Fulmer Richt.

Well, it ain't like we haven't played "top-tier" teams before. We can talk all we want here, but neither you nor I will be suiting up. And, in spite of your bravado, I'm sure the Dawgs will still make the trip.

One mo' time, with a healthy Gurley and Chubb and a 5th year senior last year at QB, they beat us only due to a gift TD we gave them. They should be worried, they are not significantly better on either side of the ball this year, WE ARE and probably will dominate them.

VN Store

Back