Confident Oklahoma Fans

SouthernSmoke

Decided to check out some Oklahoma forums and came across some posts I thought were worth sharing:

they are praying to be able to hang with OU in Knoxville. would make Tennessee's season

Tennessee is terrible. They have been terrible for almost a full decade. They will continue to be terrible until they hire a real football coach again.

Tennessee was so bad in 2014, they made Trevor Knight look decent. Tennessee 2015 should be no better than the 2014 version. It doesn't matter where we play them, we should beat them by a minimum of three touchdowns.

They are not the juggernaut they were a decade ago. They are terrible.

Looking forward to reading his posts after the game this year.

Tennessee fans would kill to return to at least mediocrity. They have fallen below it.

And, they have no one to blame but their own stupid athletic department. Twice now, it has hired mid-major coaches to lead their program: first, Derek Dooley and, now, this duckfart Butch Jones.

Their slobbering fanbase and knuckledragging boosters should demand better.

When Tennessee plays us in just over a month, they will hear Boomer Sooner a lot more than they will hear Rocky Top. If not, then Stoops' grip on this thing has slipped even further than any of us could imagine.

Others weren't so dismissive of UT:

Let's don't think they can't beat OU at home. (There are three contractions there.) If I were Tenn., and I were playing OU at home, I would give my best effort on national teevee. OU had better be ready for this game.

Tennessee had a lot of really young players last year. And OU kind of collapsed after TCU and K-State, both mentally and physically. If they had played that game at the end of the year, I doubt the result would have been the same.

Good point.

Then theres this priceless gem:

They expanded their stadium to 100K when they had Peyton Manning. They haven't had a Peyton Manning-like recruit since Peyton Manning and they never will again... and therefore, chances of filling a 100K stadium again when you have to creampuff your non-conference SEC schedule (again, to keep up with Bama) with Western Carolina, North Texas and Bowling Green... slim. Will fans fill Rocky Top like they would for a marquee matchup with the Sooners? Of course not.

Funny how the #1 QB prospect just picked the Vols. UT might yet again have a Manning-like recruit after all. Something even funnier is stating that UT has to "creampuff their non-conference schedule" in a thread created because UT is playing Oklahoma for the second straight year. Especially when considering UT has also recently played OOC creampuffs Oregon, UCLA and Cal.

No, most Oklahoma fans aren't like this. But it was surprising that some of these outrageous posts weren't challenged more.

LINK

I think September 12 is going to be a special night.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27 people
That is one angry little man-child in the first few comments.

Oklahoma has a near identical SOS this year, so I'm not sure where the creampuff thing comes from.

Reactions: 3 people
Decided to check out some Oklahoma forums and came across some posts I thought were worth sharing:

Good point.

Funny how the #1 QB prospect just picked the Vols. UT might yet again have a Manning-like recruit after all. Something even funnier is stating that UT has to "creampuff their non-conference schedule" in a thread created because UT is playing Oklahoma for the second straight year. Especially when considering UT has also recently played OOC creampuffs Oregon, UCLA and Cal.

No, most Oklahoma fans aren't like this. But it was surprising that some of these outrageous posts weren't challenged more.

LINK

Just curious, have you ever read posts on this very site made by UT fans? There are idiot fans for every team.

Reactions: 45 people
I think OU fans are in for a surprise. We may not beat them badly, but we WILL beat them. They will come in fired up and so will we. Last year's game turned around on Worley's interception that was basically a 14 point swing in their favor. Take that one play away and it COULD have been a different game.

Reactions: 2 people
That guy doesn't think we will fill our stadium to over 100K again? Is he ignorant? Lol. Happens every week just about.

Reactions: 10 people
This is stuff this board would be saying if the roles were reverse.

I can't blame them for being confident going against us.

It is up to this program to prove them wrong.

I will be there looking for a UT victory.

We should be hospitable to their fans as they were to us last year but their coach needs a tall glass of shut-up juice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 people
Two proven ways to hire a successful coach. Catch a younger coach on the rise or open the vault and hire a Saban or Meyer. BOTH WORK.

Interestingly enough, Stoops had never been a HC when he was hired. He was a DC.

Reactions: 11 people
Haha, went to that site and saw their first game is on PPV. PPV? And they call us knuckledraggers.

Reactions: 7 people
I don't think there's anyone here that would make a statement like that about OU not filling their stadium. Few here would completely ignore or dismiss a team's rising talent or returning production. Shoot... some here give some teams a lot MORE credit than they should in that regard.

Every fanbase has "fanatics" and every fan has a little fanatic in them at times... but most of those statements weren't so much "fanatical" as they were ignorant.

Reactions: 13 people
Two proven ways to hire a successful coach. Catch a younger coach on the rise or open the vault and hire a Saban or Meyer. BOTH WORK.

Interestingly enough, Stoops had never been a HC when he was hired. He was a DC.

Well he was technically an assistant head coach

Reactions: 1 person

Good point.

LINK

No offense to any future UT recruit but saying someone will never have another recruit like Peyton is not really an insult. It's kind of like saying Stanford will never recruit another Elway, Oklahoma will never recruit another Aikman (pun intended) and Pitt will never recruit another Marino. It's kind of a high bar when you start comparing high school recruits to some of the best that have ever played the game.

Dont we have a PPV game every year?? Doesnt the entire SEC have one PPV game every year?

Not since the SEC Network. At least I don't think. Could be wrong about the ones that come on the alternate channel though. I'm not sure everyone gets the alternate channel nationwide

Not since the SEC Network. At least I don't think. Could be wrong about the ones that come on the alternate channel though. I'm not sure everyone gets the alternate channel nationwide

I could be wrong......wouldnt be the first or last time

Dont we have a PPV game every year?? Doesnt the entire SEC have one PPV game every year?

Since the SECN, every game for every SEC team is broadcast nationwide. If your cable/satellite package includes the SECN you will get every game.

Reactions: 1 person
I would be surprised if oklahoma doesn't lose at least five or six games this year: Tennessee, Texas, Baylor, Tcu and Oklahoma State each have excellent chances to beat the sooners.

I would be surprised if oklahoma doesn't lose at least five or six games this year: Tennessee, Texas, Baylor, Tcu and Oklahoma State each have excellent chances to beat the sooners.

I don't think TX beats them or anyone with a pulse. They will be lucky to get to a bowl game IMO.

I see no reason why they shouldn't be confident. Same reason why I believe Vols fans should be as well. New season and everyone has a shot.

Last 2 times I have watched Oklahoma play an SEC team they have looked awesome and dominated.

That being said I think Tennessee wins the game.

If I was an Oklahoma fan who had witnessed that beat down of Tennessee in Norman, I'm pretty sure I'm be very confident that my team would win again this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back