CNXlLvvWgAA3vGX.jpg

CNXlVkJXAAAbQ5-.png

HIGHLIGHTS

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf3vFHIHSRE[/youtube]

INTERVIEWS

CNXoxx8WgAIsgvD.jpg:small

JANCEK: the guys have done a great job picking up the slack
JANCEK: We have some guys that are going to get on-the-job training
JANCEK: Colton Jumper is a great example for a lot of guys in college football. He has made himself a great football player.

CNXpaPpWwAAdzUq.jpg:small

DeBORD: I said last week the passing game was a work in progress and I really like where we are right now.
DeBORD: Josh Malone has really stepped it up. He has great endurance and he's playing hard right now.
DeBORD: You can see game day is getting close. You can see the energy. We had a great practice yesterday and today.

CNXqZVsUkAAEhXI.jpg:small

STRIPLING: I think we're getting close on our rotation along the defensive line.
STRIPLING: We watch film and look up and all our guys are wearing single digits. So that's kinda crazy.
STRIPLING: Quay Picou has great quickness. He has great energy and he's always bouncing around.

CNXq792WIAAKFMj.jpg:small

AZZANI: Jennings has been a good surprise, a good addition
AZZANNI: Josh Malone had a great summer. You can tell he put the work in, I'm really proud of him
AZZANNI: Sometimes you get those players that can run all day. Jauan Jennings is one of those players
AZZANNI: Johnathon Johnson, I can't say enough about that guy. He's one of the best football players on our team.

CNXry0nWwAAlS7h.jpg:small

GILLESPIE: Jalen Hurd understands that the guys that are the most durable are the ones that have success in the SEC.
GILLESPIE: Our freshmen are coming along really well. It helps that they have two older guys to show them how to practice, how to work.
GILLESPIE: In this league, if you have 3 NFL guys in your room, you've got it going. I think we're at that point.

VQ QUICK HITS
-Jennings continues to shine at WR and in special teams
-North in green
-Coleman Thomas again worked at center, his more natural position
-Debord worked with OL and Sheridan continued to drill QBs
Elsewhere, LaTroy Lewis continued to work his way back along the defensive front as he and Kahlil McKenzie retained their green, non-contact jerseys. Ditto for Justin Martin as Tennessee's coaches try to get the talented junior college defensive back brought up to speed.
-Jennings, TKjr and Reeves-Maybin worked on kickoff teams

RUCKER'S RAPID REVIEW
-With BG approaching, Vols dialed it back a bit today
-Green: North, McKenzie, Lewis, McDowell, Martin.
-North is moving better
NEW-LOOK O-LINE … AGAIN: Tennessee’s first-team offensive line had a different look again Wednesday, at least during practice periods open to reporters. Wednesday’s first-team unit was senior Kyler Kerbyson at left tackle, sophomore Jashon Robertson at left guard, sophomore Coleman Thomas at center, junior Dylan Wiesman at right guard and sophomore Brett Kendrick at right tackle. The second-team unit was freshman Chance Hall at left tackle, redshirt freshman Charles Mosley at left guard, redshirt freshman Ray Raulerson at center, freshman Jack Jones at right guard and junior Dontavius Blair at right tackle.
-Foreman switched from number 22 to 13, a tribute to Devaun Swafford

Dustin Dopirak: John Jancek said the MLB competition is down to Darrin Kirkland Jr. and Colton Jumper. Kenny Bynum slips out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29 people
John Kelly get his stripe off?

There were no stripes today, per Rucker. The helmets were cleaned and the stripes weren't added back in time for practice.

STRIPE TALK: Most of Tennessee's freshmen had the stripes removed from their helmets Wednesday, but only for a temporary basis. The Vols' game helmets were cleaned and covered in cellophane or something similar to that, and they couldn't get the stripes re-applied in time for practice.

Reactions: 6 people
Martin... Good to see him running around out there again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Wow, it seemed like Bynum was the front runner for MLB last week. I think Jumper will impress a lot of people this year.

Wow, it seemed like Bynum was the front runner for MLB last week. I think Jumper will impress a lot of people this year.

You don't know it...but your life's in danger. :)

Don't know about the rest of yall but I like the fact the coaches are actually praising a LOT of the team this year. Come on 8+ wins!

VN Store

Back