For those still on the fence about Jones....

checkerboards09

Just win baby
As we all know, WINS are what make or break a coaching career. I happen to still be one of those on the fence about Jones until I see results on the field, which should be understandable. Looking at the big picture, for me, 3-1 with the loss being to Oklahoma or 4-0 would get me on the wagon 100%. Jones has been incredible with everything else, he's bringing in the talent, etc., but the big wins gotta start early this year with the Gators being right there. For those still in doubt, what point in the season would get you fully on board?

Reactions: 4 people
he has to go .500 minimum against OU, Florida, UGA, Arkansas, Bama and Mizzou. I'll even grant a bad loss if he goes 4-2 against those teams.

Reactions: 18 people
I agree for the most part. A loss to Oklahoma would be very disappointing but beating Florida to close out the month would make things much better.

Bob Stoops has never in his career at Oklahoma had back to back years under 10 wins, so it's pretty much a safe bet that Oklahoma is gonna be a really good football team this year.

I know moral victories don't count, but so long as it's a close game through and through it'll be an acceptable loss. If we get blown out though? It could get ugly around here, but again, a win over Florida could turn the tide of the season.

Reactions: 5 people
I agree for the most part. A loss to Oklahoma would be very disappointing but beating Florida to close out the month would make things much better.

Bob Stoops has never in his career at Oklahoma had back to back years under 10 wins, so it's pretty much a safe bet that Oklahoma is gonna be a really good football team this year.

I know moral victories don't count, but so long as it's a close game through and through it'll be an acceptable loss. If we get blown out though? It could get ugly around here, but again, a win over Florida could turn the tide of the season.

I will be glad when we finally get past this mentality.

Reactions: 34 people
Too many variables to make a blanket statement; injuries, who is better/worse than predicted. That said I only have one must win game. I think most of us would agree on how important that trip to Gainesville is!

Reactions: 4 people
As far as my approval of CBJ is concerned i am not necessarily focused on a particular win loss record so long as we beat Florida this year. I just want to see a well coached team in position and with the correct number of players on the field. If the recruits keep moving in the way they are the wins will be there.

Reactions: 3 people
I will be glad when we finally get past this mentality.

Welp, we're not there yet. When we start consistently winning 9-10 games again, we'll be past acceptable losses.

As it stands right now, we're not on Oklahoma's level quite yet, especially if Stoops continues his tradition...

RgejacX.png

You can see what happens when he comes off a season where he didn't reach double digit wins.

It all hinges on Florida. Totally agree.

Welp, we're not there yet. When we start consistently winning 9-10 games again, we'll be past acceptable losses.

As it stands right now, we're not on Oklahoma's level quite yet, especially if Stoops continues his tradition...

RgejacX.png

You can see what happens when he comes off a season where he didn't reach double digit wins.

Incredible record. Looks like Fulmer in the 90's/early 00's.

I'm sure. That would mean 10-2.

Eh, South Carolina wouldn't be a "bad" loss. so theoritcally, .500 against the teams I mentioned, a loss to USCe and maybe even a screw up somewhere, suddenly they are 8-4

All we need to do this year is go 8 and 4, and no blow out loses to anybody, then next year as most on here thinks will be the year we win the SEC and compete for a playoff spot, thats all we can ask for, this team is still young and with a bad OL if we can win 8 plus a Bowl win then we TENNESSEE are on our way back to the top.

Reactions: 7 people
Inclusive of the bowl game (so - 13 games) Jones has to win 9 games this year to "impress" me. If we win 8 I'll be satisfied, 7 I'll be a little perplexed - unless there are significant injuries that alter the course of the season, 6 or less and Jones will HAVE to pull a rabbit out of his hat in 2016.

Reactions: 5 people
He has to beat fla mizz sc ark and split ga n bama. OU is going to be tough because high expectations n big OOC game n at home.

I think he chokes n the team plays tight but after that loss he must show he can rebound n get some quality wins in the sec.

I still say 8 n 4 which it will depend on the 4 losses that will get me on board or thinking he is Johnny majors 2.0.

I hope he beats OU because I'm in texas n a ton of OU fans!

Reactions: 1 person
he has to go .500 minimum against OU, Florida, UGA, Arkansas, Bama and Mizzou. I'll even grant a bad loss if he goes 4-2 against those teams.

Depends on who the losses are to if shooting for .500. If we beat OU, Arkansas, and Mizzou, but lost to Florida, UGA, and Bama.......I wouldn't be like a kid in a candy store. He has to take down 1 of the big 3 at least for me to call it a success.

VN Store

Back