View Map
Ht:6'3"
Wt:217 lbs
Class:2017 (High School)

Robert Beal - Yahoo! Sports

Robert Beal, Norcross, Weak-Side Defensive End

Robert Beal - Hudl

Possible visitor today per Fortenberry.

Robert Beal moved up to #16 on 247's rankings. As this thread shows, he's cousins with KM, who has been instrumental in helping recruit his peers both as a recruit and in his first year as a Vol. I would expect that UT stays in it w/ Beal until NSD, even though he is currently committed to ND. I believe UGA is also still in it. This is the type of player that could become a greater possibility the better UT plays in 2016. If UT finishes top 10 (as we should), I would expect that several players not frequently discussed on VN become more realistic (Neal, Wills, Wade, etc.).

Using 247's latest rankings, here are some top 247 players that have already visited and/or are realistic possibilities for UT's 2017 class, as best I know:

#6 TN WR Tee Higgins
#7 MI WR Donovan Peoples-Jones (expected to be B10 but he's visited a few times)
#11 TN OT Trey Smith
#15 GA DB Deangelo Gibbs
#16 GA DE Robert Beal (ND commit)
#18 TN S JaCoby Stevens
#36 KY OL Jedrick Wills
#39 GA ATH Jamyest Williams
#40 MS RB Cam Akers (Bama commit)
#42 TN RB Ty Chandler
#52 PA CB Lamont Wade
#58 TN OLB Maleik Gray
#64 VA LB Justin Foster
#82 TN RB Cordarrian Richardson
#84 FL WR Jerry Jeudy
#95 VA DE/DT Jordan Williams
#121 GA DE Malik Herring
#153 TN DT/OG Rutger Reitmaier
#165 GA OL Tony Gray
#175 GA RB Trey Sermon
#177 VA DT Eric Crosby (3 prospects from Ocean Lakes VA - Crosby, Laborn, Capehart)
#223 VA DT Breyon Gaddy
#228 VA WR Tajh Capehart

There are numerous guys I did not include in this list that have received offers who I either have no ability to gauge their interest, or am skeptical that they are a realistic possibility, so I did not include. For example, #10 rated CA CB Darnay Holmes said months ago that he planned to visit UT this May, but there have been no updates in months and he's from Cali with no connections to the school, so I did not include. Any kid who does actually visit, however, could become a realistic possibility. Another is #28 FL CB Stanford Samuels, who we offered in 2014 before any other major school. He's not showing any current interest to my knowledge, which is too bad because he's shot up the rankings of late. There's also the TX combo of #17 TX DT Marvin Wilson and #29 TX S Jeffrey Okudah, who both showed early interest (especially Okudah) and now do not seem to have us as a main contender. As a matter of fact, I would say that two-thirds of the top 40 we have pursued, and half of those showed interest at one point (#3 IL DE AJ Epenesa and #26 FL DE Joshua Kaindoh being two more examples). My list hopefully only contains those with realistic current interest (that I know of), however.

Here's a list of those we've offered that I am uncertain of their interest but believe they are at least considering visiting us:

#14 MD DE Chase Young
#22 FL WR James Robinson
#24 GA OT Andrew Thomas
#29 TX S Jeffrey Okudah
#55 GA OLB/S Isaiah Pryor (OSU commit)
#62 VA RB Khalan Laborn
#66 FL DE Zachary Carter (visited a Tampa bowl practice)
#69 AL OT Austin Troxell
#71 FL OT Tadarell Slaton (American Heritage - same school as 2016 signee B. Johnson)
#92 VA DE Luiji Vilain
#101 FL S Cyrus Fagan
#115 VA ATH Devon Hunter
#145 TX LB Anthony Hines
#146 FL RB Colin Wilson
#160 VA DE Yetur Matos
#173 VA DT Darnell Ewell
#176 GA CB AJ Terrell
#202 OK CB Tre Brown
#242 GA CB William Poole III
#216 FL CB Marco Wilson
#218 GE DE Markaviest Bryant

As a random aside, we could probably fill our entire 2017 DL needs in the state of Virginia this year. It's unreal how many players we are realistically pursuing in that state. Hopefully we get the cream of the VA crop, as well as some of our top DL targets in GA. Losing JUCO DT Alexis Johnson means we struck out terribly at DT in 2016, so the need is great this year to sign 4. The crop of DTs this year is greater in quantity among the top 250, but no where near as great in terms of the upper echelon (Marvin Wilson and the LA DT may be the only 5* DTs this year compared to 7-8 5* DTs last year). I think losing out on Derrick Brown kept our 2016 class from being what it needed to be, although it was good overall. DT is now our biggest need in 2017, IMO, and even more important than the RB position. I also think we're more likely to recruit dynamic RBs this cycle, as its a good crop of RB talent this year and our current top targets appear very realistic, particularly Chandler and Chase Hayden (the latter of which I think is very underrated - the former being highly rated and widely expected to be dynamic).

Reactions: 4 people
Long way to go before NSD. I don't see how UT and UGA aren't in his top 5. Makes me wonder how legitimate the 247 "source" was with that top 5. The source simply named the 5 schools that he's looking to visit in the spring, but he's visited several schools already.

He'll be back to UT and we'll contend for his signature, I would bet. He may be a bit wishy washy, personality-wise. First ND, then Texas. Neither seem likely considering the SEC/ACC schools that will put the full court press on him (UGA, UT, Clemson, FSU, Auburn, Bama, Muschamp at USCe). Besides, Texas is likely to continue to underwhelm with Strong, who was bailed out by winning two very unexpected games (Oklahoma & TCU). He may have a better overall record next year (and he should) but he's unlikely to have those high profile wins, IMO.

Tennessee in top seven for elite DE

Top-50 junior defensive end Robert Beal of Norcross (Ga.) High School released a list of his top seven college choices Monday night on this Twitter account, revealing that Tennessee is one of his current favorites.

The 6-foot-4, 230-pound Beal - who decommitted from Notre Dame last month - listed Alabama, Georgia, Florida State, Texas, Miami, Tennessee and LSU as his leaders, in no particular order.
-Callahan

Reactions: 2 people
Since when did legacy status include nephews?

I always thought it was based on parents/gparents and siblings.

Oh no. We can apply the legacy stamp to brothers, sons, aunts, cousins, best friend's of dads, mom's bestie from college, that really close neighbor from down the street, pastors, deacons, elders, or anyone else that may have or might possible have any affiliation with the state or University of Tennessee in the past, present, or future.

Reactions: 4 people
Oh no. We can apply the legacy stamp to brothers, sons, aunts, cousins, best friend's of dads, mom's bestie from college, that really close neighbor from down the street, pastors, deacons, elders, or anyone else that may have or might possible have any affiliation with the state or University of Tennessee in the past, present, or future.

Totally Agree.:)

VN Store

Back