We have already beaten Oklahoma

Alabama and Georgia "They are who we thought they were."

Surprised they didn't have their own "special" category for the fan bases of those two schools.

When you continuously marry your cousin, generation after generation - this is what you get.

Reactions: 3 people
No surprise with Bama and surprisingly no surprise with Gtech. They are engineers so are barely literate when it comes to the usage of the English language.

Reactions: 2 people
As an English teacher, I feel like we need to work on that 2.71 number. If we improve one percent each day, we will get there.

Reactions: 6 people
I'd like to see the comments after someone posts this on a Bama site.

Reactions: 1 person
Auburn, Ole Miss, and LSU beat Stanford in the Grammar Power Rankings. Ok, who has been proofreading Ole Miss draft posts???

Reactions: 1 person
Bama is last while Auburn is first.....hmmm...searching for proper meaning. Cant be that this list is utterly meaningless... has to be more to it....some deep thoughts will be pondered.

Bama is last while Auburn is first.....hmmm...searching for proper meaning. Cant be that this list is utterly meaningless... has to be more to it....some deep thoughts will be pondered.

Auburn message boards obviously provide 'tooters' to assist Auburn posters with their grammar.

Reactions: 3 people

I want to know what article's or section's comments it was reading through?

I kind of doubt Grammarly was going through all of the message boards. :p

Edit: I see now. It analyzed fan comments of at least 50 words on SBNation blog articles, taking at least 100 comments of that length made by each team's fans.

What I can't tell is if these "takes" came from fans that were self-identified, or if they were just based on any comments found in articles about each of the top 25 teams. (I'm not familiar with SBNation's comment section, setup, and interface.)

Last edited:
As an English teacher, I feel like we need to work on that 2.71 number. If we improve one percent each day, we will get there.

I must know your secret for how you plan to correct the grammar of a fan base a few million people in size within a matter of just two days then, good sir.

How would you feel to be the reporter that had to gather this information? Your boss walks up and says "Hey Bob! See what fan base in the top 25 is the worst based on grammar.." AKA the worst Grammar Nazi ever..

They used a computer program to do it. I kind of doubt it feels anything.

VN Store

Back