Josh dobbs cold hard facts.

gobraves101035

Okay so everyone on here wants to blame the coaches. It's not the coaches! Our coaches have to go to extreme measures to coach around not being able to pass it over 10 yards. Dobbs is extremely accurate and I am so confident he wouldn't start for another sec team in the country. The pass in the dirt to dobbs and the pass 10 yards pass the receiver at the end are not the coaches fault. Dobbs stinks simple as that. He has a horrible arm. A terrible one actually and his legs are mediocre. I can run 30 yards if there is a wide open gap. The reason it's the coaches fault is because he is still starting

Reactions: 11 people
The coaches haven't coached Dobbs up and they keep trotting him out there. He's the problem, but it goes back to coaches.

Reactions: 13 people
The coaches haven't coached Dobbs up and they keep trotting him out there. He's the problem, but it goes back to coaches.

He's A problem, but not THE problem.

His protection sucks which makes him go from average at best to not so good trying to throw it down the field. And the drops were killers.

Reactions: 13 people
Okay so everyone on here wants to blame the coaches. It's not the coaches! Our coaches have to go to extreme measures to coach around not being able to pass it over 10 yards. Dobbs is extremely accurate and I am so confident he wouldn't start for another sec team in the country. The pass in the dirt to dobbs and the pass 10 yards pass the receiver at the end are not the coaches fault. Dobbs stinks simple as that. He has a horrible arm. A terrible one actually and his legs are mediocre. I can run 30 yards if there is a wide open gap. The reason it's the coaches fault is because he is still starting

I saw a lot of drops too. Dobbs made his share of poor throws but Preston Williams and Von Pearson dropped a couple.

Reactions: 8 people
At this point, I think we can agree he's inaccurate. What I'm not understanding, if you're not going to run Dobbs what's he doing out there?

After tonight, I'm really SMDH...

Reactions: 11 people
I posted this in the game thread, and I'll repost it here (slightly modified).

Here's the thing about the offense. Jones wants a running QB, that's a great passer, but he doesn't have one. He's got a good passer in Dormady and Dobbs can run, very well I might add. The O-Line still sucks, so if you put Dormady in you have to hold back a TE or RB for blocking, which limits your options on offense.

At this point Jones & Debord believe Dobbs gives them the ability to extend plays, praying someone gets open or a lane opens for Dobbs to run in. Translation: Our offense sucks. We do not yet have all the pieces to run a successful offense. If the O-Line was a better performing unit, you could put Dormady in and the passing game would probably improve.

Edit: One more thought, and the thing some noticed early on. Some guys aren't getting better. They're not evolving as players. Dobbs is not improving as a passer. Some WRs are still not hitting their stride.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Dobbs is awful I've seen d2 qbs who throw better and he looks even worse in person. Blame the coaches all you want but this one was on the players.

Reactions: 5 people
He's A problem, but not THE problem.

His protection sucks which makes him go from average at best to not so good trying to throw it down the field. And the drops were killers.

he is the biggest problem. O line played great tonight

BUTCH JONES just has TOO many excuses for me,....you got players in the system for 3 yrs now and they have not developed........

Reactions: 4 people
At this point, I think we can agree he's inaccurate. What I'm not understanding, if you're not going to run Dobbs what's he doing out there?

Exactly, play him to his strength, or get him off the field!

Reactions: 1 person
If Dobbs is so bad why is he still out there? Blame it on Dobbs ability, fine. But he's not putting himself in the huddle. Why aren't the adults making changes?

I made a comparison (earlier this season) to Steve McNair.
Fisher and company stopped his run game to protect him.
Not a great idea when that's a major part of your offense.

I kept hoping for Dobbs to run more tonight but knew it wasn't coming.

VN Store

Back