Arkansas fans and their band in Neyland Stadium

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
I'm gonna post this now cause I'm gonna try my best to forget this day ever happened when I wake up tomorrow.

I have never seen a classier fan base inside our stadium. They are the only fans I've ever seen clap along with us for things not related to the game. Like the pre game band, the '65 team, and anything else we were cheering and clapping for.

Their band, small as it was, was a class act as well. They didn't play over us like most do.

College football includes the fans that are at the games as well as the teams. Just wanted to give the Razorbacks kudos.

Reactions: 55 people
Well we have many things in common. Both teams are awful after being way too hyped in the preseason. At least we can relate

Reactions: 5 people
I lived in Arkansas for a long time and can say I never had a bad encounter with a Razorback. They are a classy and humble fanbase.

Reactions: 3 people
I completely agree. When they introduced the 65 team, I saw the majority of the Arkansas section standing and clapping. I turned to my son and said wow, that's classy.

Reactions: 4 people
I noticed they were standing and clapping for the 65 team too. They were doing the Pig Soooie cheer on the way out, I didn't blame them a bit. Good fans and good reps of their school and state.

Reactions: 3 people
Isn't it GREAT how EVERY opponent that comes into Knoxville is leaving having the BEST experience @ Neyland??!!

Wait...WHAT????????!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 12 people
I'm gonna post this now cause I'm gonna try my best to forget this day ever happened when I wake up tomorrow.

I have never seen a classier fan base inside our stadium. They are the only fans I've ever seen clap along with us for things not related to the game. Like the pre game band, the '65 team, and anything else we were cheering and clapping for.

Their band, small as it was, was a class act as well. They didn't play over us like most do.

College football includes the fans that are at the games as well as the teams. Just wanted to give the Razorbacks kudos.

I was in section A and agree. Their pep band seemed like some good classy folks as well just as you said.

Reactions: 2 people
There were a couple of them sitting in front of me. Nice folks. They definitely helped with the game being awful.

Reactions: 1 person
Talked to a few that were in my section. Classy people, just as frustrated with their team as we were with ours(prior to the game tonight).

Good luck to the Razorbacks the rest of the way. Should have stomped the pig hockey out of them tonight, but they didn't quit.

Reactions: 2 people
Volly...You are the one person on this board that I hate to disagree with. The proper response to one of you're posts (that I disagree with) is not to post. But, giving love to the away team's fans tonight, makes me angry.

I'm sure that everything you said about the Arkansas fans is true. But hearing how classy they are, makes me rage even harder!

It's easy to be classy when you win.

Hearing how classy they were in victory is just salt in the wound for me.

I bet a lot of Vol fans feel the same.

Reactions: 4 people
A razorbacks fan in my section ('LL) sang rocky top when the game was clearly over. F em imo. Woo pig soooey was well rehearsed and coordinated. Can't wait to celebrate a win at home though.

Volly...You are the one person on this board that I hate to disagree with. The proper response to one of you're posts (that I disagree with) is not to post. But, giving love to the away team's fans tonight, makes me angry.

I'm sure that everything you said about the Arkansas fans is true. But hearing how classy they are, makes me rage even harder!

It's easy to be classy when you win.

Hearing how classy they were in victory is just salt in the wound for me.

I bet a lot of Vol fans feel the same.
Most of what impressed me happened before half time. They are football fans just like we are. And I'm sorry, but they didn't lose the game for us.

Reactions: 8 people
Most of what impressed me happened before half time. They are football fans just like we are. And I'm sorry, but they didn't lose the game for us.

They didn't, and their conduct isn't the point.

We lost tonight!!!

Talking up their fanbase is the salt you are grinding into my open wound.

Being classy in a win is easy.

Being classy in a loss is harder.

I HATE the HOGS TONIGHT!

Why don't you?

VN Store

Back