Team #119

Mason72

Vol Fan not a UK Fan.. vg
ok ive come off the edge of the cliff and not jumping off any bridges anymore. I am a die hard Vol Fan and have been my whole life.

Losing is unacceptable.

Team 119- Start Tackling, Stop Dropping Passes, Grind every down.

Coaches- Be flexible in the game plan. Take responsibility and improve.

KEEP GRINDING. Its the only way out of the Quick Sand...

I want Butch Jones to succeed, I want these players to live up to their potential.

Reactions: 10 people
Is it okay if we just call them Tennessee Vols football team, instead of the Team 119 stuff? That just seems so hokey Butchish now.

Reactions: 6 people
Is it okay if we just call them Tennessee Vols football team, instead of the Team 119 stuff? That just seems so hokey Butchish now.

I really don't get why the "Butchisms" generate so much anger among some people on here. It seems a bit emotional and personal against him. He is either going to win enough games to keep his job as coach or not no matter the phrases and sayings he has.

We love the Maxims, slapping the "I will give my all for Tennessee today", the VOL walk etc... win or lose. If you didn't know UT history you may think CBJ came up with these.

Butch is just trying to build a culture. The military uses a lot of acronyms. "Snap and Clear" is just a short version of "worry about the next play not the last one." "Brick by Brick" illustrated how the program had been destroyed and he would have to try and slowly build it back up.

He will either succeed or fail as the head coach, but it won't be because of his "Butchisms" IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
I really don't get why the "Butchisms" generate so much anger among some people on here. It seems a bit emotional and personal against him. He is either going to win enough games to keep his job as coach or not no matter the phrases and sayings he has.

We love the Maxims, slapping the "I will give my all for Tennessee today", the VOL walk etc... win or lose. If you didn't know UT history you may think CBJ came up with these.

Butch is just trying to build a culture. The military uses a lot of acronyms. "Snap and Clear" is just a short version of "worry about the next play not the last one." "Brick by Brick" illustrated how the program had been destroyed and he would have to try and slowly build it back up.

He will either succeed or fail as the head coach, but it won't be because of his "Butchisms" IMO.

I agree with you but really very few would be even mentioning this if we were winning. Since we are not it fits with some people's narrative that Butch is all hat and no cattle.

Reactions: 1 person
Team ### is another gimmick. When teams that have won SEC and national championships are identified by the year (1998 Vols) at every chance, it seems stupid to do something nobody will remember. Of course stupid seems to have no bounds in the gimmick department.

Reactions: 2 people
Team ### is another gimmick. When teams that have won SEC and national championships are identified by the year (1998 Vols) at every chance, it seems stupid to do something nobody will remember. Of course stupid seems to have no bounds in the gimmick department.

I wonder when the orange dog will reappear.

I think most fans accept the Maxims because they were used by a coach who actually established a tradition of winning at Tennessee.

The frustration over the "Butchisms" is due to the fact that they seem to just be empty clichés given that he has yet to win a meaningful game . . . the frustration has grown exponentially because of they way that we have lost the big games this season.

I agree on your basic point, though. I just want Coach Jones and our team to win.

ok ive come off the edge of the cliff and not jumping off any bridges anymore. I am a die hard Vol Fan and have been my whole life.

Losing is unacceptable.

I want Butch Jones to succeed, I want these players to live up to their potential.

You have bought into Butch's gimmicks, and are drinking large glasses of kool-aid. It is not team 119, it is the 2015 Tennessee Vols. Once you refer to them as a number anything else you post is irrelevant.

Nothing more.

They had a team meeting about improving their in game play. I'm guessing some home truths were told to some of the players.

You have bought into Butch's gimmicks, and are drinking large glasses of kool-aid. It is not team 119, it is the 2015 Tennessee Vols. Once you refer to them as a number anything else you post is irrelevant.

Nothing more.

People have different views on things, you know? Seems self righteous to just dismiss someone's thoughts because you don't like that he used a number.

Nothing more.

Nothing more.

team 119 or 2015 Tennessee vols same thing same meaning

I never could use it...just didn't seem right. It was too impersonal for me to use it to describe a tradition that is Tennessee Volunteers football...jus' sayin'.

GO VOLS!

I really don't get why the "Butchisms" generate so much anger among some people on here. It seems a bit emotional and personal against him. .

Because it's a massive issue of over-selling and under-delivering, and it pisses people off.

He's the opposite of Mcelwain at Florida who is under-selling and over-delivering at this point.

Losing is unacceptable.

The problem is these are very basic fundamentals that the players are messing up. All of this should have been addressed in fall camp. Why do we have so many dropped balls? Why is there a lack of effort from the receivers (watch Malone on the 4th down, he only put one hand towards the ball, was he planning on one handing the most important pass of the game?) Why do they keep taking bad tacking angles? Why does the O-line still look lost? Why can't Dobbs put some air under his long balls? Why can't the D line get any push? What we're all those physical practices for where so many injuries happened if not to teach them to play physical?

I wonder when the orange dog will reappear.
I love the orange dog. He ran around Stokley when I was in school and we beat UK three times that year. I'll let you find the year if you are interested (I have no idea why you would be)

VN Store

Back