Bray tweets about the Mizzou game

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Tyler Bray – ‏@tbrayvol8
This is why we've struggled all year. Playing timid in the second half doesn't win ball games. You can't let up when you have a team down.

Tyler Bray – ‏@tbrayvol8
Not trying to be disrespectful to the coaching staff or fans. Want this program to be great again. These coaches are headed the right way.

Tyler Bray – ‏@tbrayvol8
Great win tonight.
7:41 PM - 21 Nov 2015

Pretty cool of him, IMO. I agree with him 100% on the first tweet, and I honestly didn't think he cared that much about the program. I figured the Dooley era left a bad enough taste in his mouth that he could care less how the Vols do.

Reactions: 46 people
That was probably the case but I think the Butch Jones diplomat system where he tried to fix everything Dooley did to alienate people worked on Dooley's own players as well.

Reactions: 5 people
It is really amazing to me how many former players stay either very interested, or connected to this program. It is even more amazing when a kid like Bray who played in a very difficult era of UT football remains enthusiastic about the program.

Credit to Bray. Go Vols!

Reactions: 33 people
Those are great tweets. Bray could be a bit of a head case at times, but I always felt kind of bad for him. I know those Dooley losses really bothered me, it must have been much worse for the team.

Living in KC I guess he appreciates this one as much as anyone after the last 3 years.

Remember the first time we played them in 2012 that Doofus would not attempt a play in regulation, went to OT and lost it. :banghead2: I know Bray was frustrated about that.

The only good thing about it is that I think the Mizzou game is what finished Dooley, regardless of when he was fired.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Dooley's Sun Belt talent and coaching killed any chance Bray had at making a impact at Tennessee. Bray did have a shat attitude most of the time. I probably would have too if Dooley was my coach..

Reactions: 18 people
It sometimes happens that a person "finds his roots" as he matures. Glad Tyler is reestablishing contact. VFL.

Reactions: 8 people
Dooley's Sun Belt talent and coaching killed any chance Bray had at making a impact at Tennessee. Bray did have a shat attitude most of the time. I probably would have too if Dooley was my coach..

What are you talking about? 11 of the 12 players that the Vols had on offense during Bray's last year signed NFL contracts

Why it is considered playing timid when a team continues to do what was successful and worked really well in the first half? If the Vols had come out and abandoned what worked in the first half half and went 3 and out, folks would be complaining about that.

Reactions: 13 people
What are you talking about? 11 of the 12 players that the Vols had on offense during Bray's last year signed NFL contracts
The defense was terrible and the Oline was seriously overrated. Tennessee beat nobody while Dooley was here. Mainly becasue of his coaching , depth and lack of talent. We could score some points but couldn't stop anyone, nor could we run the ball when we needed too.

Reactions: 5 people
Why it is considered playing timid when a team continues to do what was successful and worked really well in the first half? If the Vols had come out and abandoned what worked in the first half half and went 3 and out, folks would be complaining about that.

I agree 100%. I did not see us play timid at all.

Reactions: 2 people

Come on 55

VN and a QB that knows soooo much about winning wants us throwing it all the yard with a 3 score lead in the second half when we haven't done that at all to get that lead.

Btw TB was dead ass wrong with that first tweet if what we did in that 2nd half was "timid"

It is really amazing to me how many former players stay either very interested, or connected to this program. It is even more amazing when a kid like Bray who played in a very difficult era of UT football remains enthusiastic about the program.

Credit to Bray. Go Vols!

They have orange running through their veins and are true VFL's !! :rock:

how ironic that Tyler wants to critique Tennessee about finishing... This is the same guy who's immaturity and lack of ganas cost us the streak against Kentucky and a bowl game in 2011. So, honestly, why would any Tennessee fans give a damn what his opinion is?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
The defense was terrible and the Oline was seriously overrated. Tennessee beat nobody while Dooley was here. Mainly becasue of his coaching , depth and lack of talent. We could score some points but couldn't stop anyone, nor could we run the ball when we needed too.

You are right about the defense but Lane and Neal both averaged 5 yards a carry(Hurd averages 4.5)..problem was the defense was so bad that we had to pass to catch up
we averaged 36 points a game but gave up 35
2012 Tennessee Volunteers Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Bray didn't give a crap......but I don't know if that's just him or if that attitude trickled down to the whole team from the top. I'm inclined to say the latter.

If I would have played for Dooley all those years, I probably wouldn't give a crap either.

I don't see how he can complain about anything these players and coaches do after he threw the Kentucky game because he didn't want to go to a low level bowl game.

Reactions: 11 people
He got a bad rap because of Dooley. He obviously still cares about the program. I would have liked to have seen him play under Jones' discipline but then again he is a pocket qb.

VN Store

Back