Miles or Jones

No, his offensive teams have never been that great. Somehow the NFL is littered with LSU wide receivers.

UT and LSU are in polar opposite spots right now. We've been down and are going up, they've been up and are going down.

Reactions: 2 people
Not at this point. We got what we got. It would just be too emotionally draining to go through another coaching change at this point.

Miles has balls, but can't develop a QB to save his life. Yes yes, time will tell if Butch can develop a QB

People have issues with some of Jones' coaching decisions so why on earth would they want Miles? Not to mention the trajectory of the two programs are light years apart.

Reactions: 7 people
LSU beat FL. and what is Miles record. I thought I heard 110 and 32. The #1 recruiting class next year. Tough choice.

Comments from their boards - which would be the comments from our board in two, no probably next year if he was hired: (No thank you, I am happy with CBJ and the direction of our program:

Not winning national championships is not a reason to fire a coach. Not beating Alabama and Arkansas and Ole Miss and running out the most predictable offense since I played my daughter in Madden is.

What we expect is for the talent to be utilized and Miles is stubborn and can't see what's in front of him.

Totally agree he's a good man, but this is more of a business decision......and the business of coaching college football to the level expected at LSU has passed him by. I just don't see him getting it together and making a drastic enough change to his entire game coaching/calling philosophy to return to a national championship level.......

What is all of this crap about him being a good man? He has taken our money for all these years and has delivered what? One NC period. He is a "One Hit Wonder" period and got that with two losses. This guy is clueless when it comes to managing a football team. Fire his butt and get rid of him. Alleva should be fired too.

I could keep copying and pasting but you get the idea..........

Reactions: 1 person
If Butch bails for Va Tech would love to see Miles here. Put that man with a couple of good coordinators and he'll win championships again

No. It takes almost zero effort to recruit to LSU. While I sometimes admire Mile's nerve, he often wins in spite of himself. His offense has always underachieved and Saban has owned him and the West.

Reactions: 1 person
No. It takes almost zero effort to recruit to LSU. While I sometimes admire Mile's nerve, he often wins in spite of himself. His offense has always underachieved and Saban has owned him and the West.

Wouldn't agree there. LSU has no in-state rival, but Saban is able to go in there and poach highly talented players that LSU wants badly (think Landon Collins, Eddie Lacy) and Miles cannot return the favor in Alabama.

When he goes into Texas, he has to recruit against all the schools in that state, and it's become harder for him to recruit in Mississippi over the last few years because of State and Ole Miss.

The school where it really takes no effort to recruit is Georgia.

Well if Butch left....I wouldnt be upset with this hire. But I think Butch is doing a good job here. He has alot left to do, but I do believe we are going in the right direction, next year we'll see.

Let's look at this the other way...if Miles and CBJ were both on the street, who do you think would get the better job offer?

VN Store

Back