What Other Message Boards Are Saying: 2015 Vandy Edition

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Vanderbilt is like the whipped puppy that you want to feel sorry for, but he still bites people and tears up your house. As a fan base, they aren't quite the level of defeated as they were earlier in the season, in fact they are a bit encouraged after being shutout by Texas A&M, but they still see this one as a loss.

I legitimately dislike their fans. Maybe it's sill a grudge from the Franklin era, but they legitimately annoy me. Last year I posted these quotes from the end of the 2013 season/beginning of the Mason era. I'll probably repost them every year to remind everyone how annoying their fans are.
That's fine. Tennessee can keep landing good recruiting classes. They can also think about their good recruiting classes next year during bowl season when they're on the couch watching Vandy play in another bowl game.
Oh make no mistake, Butch Jones is scared to death of Derek Mason. He knows this is the kind of home run hire for us that will likely end up putting his job in jeopardy.
Honestly, with us having so much recent success in the SEC, and being 2-0 against Tennessee now, it's hard to keep calling them a rival. Clearly they just aren't the same caliber of football as the UGA's, Vanderbilts, and South Carolinas in this conference

Anyways..... here's what the Vandy faithful are saying about Saturday's matchup in Neyland:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

-They keep referring to this as their "Rivalry week." We don't, but they do.

-Some thoughts regarding the opening line:
I would say 28-0
Game should be over by 4pm Central Time.
Consider UT would be favored a TD over TAM at home, and we just got beat by 25.* This looks like twenty- something to less than 10.

-There was a thread regarding a "bowl game" for them. It was just one post, but it was a poster saying "Beat UT and MTSU in the same year, that's my bowl."

-I've seen a bit of bragging about them having more wins than the Titans......... I'll just leave it at that.

-General score predictions have us winning by 17-21, with them scoring no more than 7-10.

-Apparently for the first time this year, Mason is putting several starters on Special Teams. I don't know the extent of who or where, I just know the fans don't like the idea.

-2013 Vandy vs UT keeps getting brought up a lot on their boards. I think it's the only bit of hope they're clinging to.

-They are really excited about the potential of a 5-7 team going to a bowl. I actually saw the statement "We'll crush UT and go to a bowl!"

-I've never seen a team so devoted to this, but every time a poster talks about having tickets to sell they are always extremely adamant that they will only sell to Vandy fans. They pushed this last year too, which is understandable at their stadium, but this year they're just as vocal about it.

-For what it's worth, the attitude towards Mason seems to be much improved. I see a lot of blaming of talent, coordinators, etc. for their lack of success, but a lot less Mason.

-There is a thread called "Tennessee can't score on our defense" with a prediction of 17-14 Vandy. It's mostly met with opposition, but the homers are certainly sprinkled in there.

-They are seeing the fact that they "should have beat Florida" as their main reason they could win this game.

-This is what we call "reaching"-

Why does it not bother the general public....

That the fight song of the University of Tennessee celebrates the murder/lynching of two federal agents?
"Once two strangers climbed ole Rocky Top... blah blah..."
I mean.. do the people who sing that song... do they not understand the lyrics?

-They have no respect for Dobbs or Medley. They think they will shut down Dobbs, and making Medley kick and miss will be the key to this game.

A tiny bump in the road away from 8-4. Let's finish strong, and get loud in Neyland this weekend.

Reactions: 38 people
Last weeks results for both teams give me much more confidence. More surprised at the dominance UT showed. Im not taking them lightly, but there's zero reason UT loses this game.

... except the field.

Reactions: 3 people
Their fanbase consists of more jerks per capita than any other fanbase. That's a hard feat to pull off, so they've got that going for them.

Reactions: 10 people
Their fanbase consists of more jerks per capita than any other fanbase. That's a hard feat to pull off, so they've got that going for them.

Usually when someone generalizes an opposing fan base, it's either wrong or could be said about every fan base, but here you are 100% correct.

Delusional defines vandymania.

Reactions: 6 people
Vandy will lose. Their fans will cry. Just another normal day

In 20 to 25 years, another decent coach will come along, have a winning season or two and then crush their and hearts by taking the first good offer from a real football school...

Vandy should know the tune..."I'm your Stepping Stone..." because any semi decent coach won't stay long...

Reactions: 4 people
That "now that we're 2-0" quote is hilarious. I think they mean 3-27 (last 30 years)

Dooley's locker room quote sums it perfectly:
"The one thing Tennessee will always do: Kick the Sh** Outta Vanderbilt!!"

Reactions: 1 person
A Vandy guy actually told me today at work that Vandy could go to a bowl game at 5-7 due to there not being enough eligible teams and the NCAA and bowl organizers would pick teams on APR/GPA and they are ranked near the the top of the NCAA in cumulative team GPA...geeezzzz...HAHAHAAAAA

Reactions: 5 people
LOL!! The only reason they came close to beating Florida is no Will Grier, they had him when we played them!

Good write up as usual! :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Candy doing Candy things...agree with the original post's summation of the fans.
Time for Big Brother to take Junior to the woodshed.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks Chatt-Town ,can't wait to see who we get in our bowl game and to see what their message boards are going to say about the Vols.And hey this thread is always noogastrong.

Reactions: 5 people
Vandy is a joke. Their own fans know they are gonna lose. Thanks for the insight Chatt.

8-4 book it.

The real question is which bowl will we get.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
Vandy is the one team that I have no reservations about running up the score. Hope we throw a bomb with :45 left in the game and up by 35

Reactions: 10 people
A Vandy guy actually told me today at work that Vandy could go to a bowl game at 5-7 due to there not being enough eligible teams and the NCAA and bowl organizers would pick teams on APR/GPA and they are ranked near the the top of the NCAA in cumulative team GPA...geeezzzz...HAHAHAAAAA

LOL! They pick teams based on how well their fans travel and what kind of TV market they pull...even Vandy grads should know this...

this is true...

strange but a fact

VN Store

Back