We need to play a punishingly physical game against Vandy...

Sarms58

Check our finesse at the gate and bring multiple cans of whoop ass…would like to see us have over 300 yards rushing and play D mostly behind their line of scrimmage…lots of sacks, tackles for loss and some near decapitations…

For the close games that slipped away, smack a commodore…for the last second FG we missed against Bama, smack a commodore…for the 4 and 14 TD we gave up against Florida, smack a commodore…for Curt, smack a commodore…

Reactions: 11 people
Oh please...........................

I hope this thread isn't a sign of things to come in the off season.

Reactions: 1 person
Check our finesse at the gate and bring multiple cans of whoop ass…would like to see us have over 300 yards rushing and play D mostly behind their line of scrimmage…lots of sacks, tackles for loss and some near decapitations…

For the close games that slipped away, smack a commodore…for the last second FG we missed against Bama, smack a commodore…for the 4 and 14 TD we gave up against Florida, smack a commodore…for Curt, smack a commodore…
As the season's worn on it's become apparent that this coaching staff wishes to pound the rock until the other team's too bruised to stop them. Late as it was, the Vols' ground game finally showed that strength...and to a truly tough D-line; one that had depth and excellent coaching; one that nobody else ran over this year. Mizzou. I think the plan is to pound Vandy like a flank steak and finally establish the reputation that the SEC has another smash mouth group to reckon with. With this improved O-line and (hopefully) recovered WRs and a more accurate Dobbs, this will give our boys a good bowl win and garner more "next year" hype than even last year's returnees and recruits.

Reactions: 3 people
As the season's worn on it's become apparent that this coaching staff wishes to pound the rock until the other team's too bruised to stop them. Late as it was, the Vols' ground game finally showed that strength...and to a truly tough D-line; one that had depth and excellent coaching; one that nobody else ran over this year. Mizzou. I think the plan is to pound Vandy like a flank steak and finally establish the reputation that the SEC has another smash mouth group to reckon with. With this improved O-line and (hopefully) recovered WRs and a more accurate Dobbs, this will give our boys a good bowl win and garner more "next year" hype than even last year's returnees and recruits.

Whatever your're drinking...I'll have one!

Good post and much agreed svol!

Reactions: 2 people
Mizzou game was first-rate "strategery" (tip of the hat to Dubya there). CBJ & staff knew that our Defense could stuff the Mizzou offense, and decided to play 60 minutes of body shots. Wasn't flashy, but they went for the ugly kill, and it was actually fun to watch. Absent turnovers by us or a huge play (or three) by Mizzou, this game was over when it began.

The General would have been proud.

Still...we have to establish our passing game at some point. If not this year, then next for sure. You've simply got to have that deep threat, or at least a credible passing attack, to soften up the front 7 of your opponent. Had we had that in the 2nd half of this season, honestly, I think there's a good chance we'd be undefeated at this point. That would silence all of the CBJ critics (me included) were it so.

So...beat Vandy. I don't care how. But please...please...beat them solidly. Stomp the mudhole, and then walk it dry. Would be nice to see Dobbs burn the Vandy secondary for a couple of long ones, but I'll take the ugly win, again, if that's what works.

Got a bowl game coming. Maybe a tough one. Might be a good idea to see what Dobbs can do with his arm if the scoreboard allows it.

Just win, Baby.

Go Vols.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Mizzou game was first-rate "strategery" (tip of the hat to Dubya there). CBJ & staff knew that our Defense could stuff the Mizzou offense, and decided to play 60 minutes of body shots. Wasn't flashy, but they went for the ugly kill, and it was actually fun to watch. Absent turnovers by us or a huge play (or three) by Mizzou, this game was over when it began.

The General would have been proud.

Still...we have to establish our passing game at some point. If not this year, then next for sure. You've simply got to have that deep threat, or at least a credible passing attack, to soften up the front 7 of your opponent. Had we had that in the 2nd half of this season, honestly, I think there's a good chance we'd be undefeated at this point. That would silence all of the CBJ critics (me included) were it so.

So...beat Vandy. I don't care how. But please...please...beat them solidly. Stomp the mudhole, and then walk it dry. Would be nice to see Dobbs burn the Vandy secondary for a couple of long ones, but I'll take the ugly win, again, if that's what works.

Got a bowl game coming. Maybe a tough one. Might be a good idea to see what Dobbs can do with his arm if the scoreboard allows it.

Just win, Baby.

Go Vols.

It was truly amazing to me that most of our fans did not understand that the Mizzou game was game planned that way. Sure, we would have liked to have TD's instead of field goals...but the game plan was perfect for that game. I'm guessing it will probably be very similar for Vandy and I'm good with that.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm betting Butch has been holding the dogs back so he can show off against Vandy!!!

Gonna be a grind it out win. We will only need about the 1st 4 pages of the play book.

More like checkers than chess, line up and hit them in the mouth.

Go Vols!

Which do you think would hurt more: a punishingly physical game or a physically punishing game?

Yeah, when we pass bad things can happen; Dobbs has fumbled several times this yr. Fortunately we've recovered many of those. The coaches know if we don't turn it over against Mizz. and Vandy it is impossible for them to beat us, therefore close to vest it was, and will be Sat.

I just hope we get this win for the seniors. Those guys can be proud for righting a ship that was frankly about to sink.

Reactions: 2 people
Protect the ball, protect the lead....
Lifelong Vol since Holloway... Lived in Nashville area my whole life...
I KNOW THIS>> If Tenn only goes 1-11, that 1 better Damn Well Be against Vandy''

Reactions: 3 people
Everyone has a plan until they are smashed in the mouth-- Mike Tyson. Line up and smash them in the mouth for 4 quarters (much like body shots its not pretty, but its pretty effective) and come out with a solid win.

Line them up,
Pound then down,
Pound them all day,
round after round.

Pick them up,
Pound them again,
Come back home,
With a solid WIN!

People say the Commode Doors have a good D and they do.

People say Mizzou has a good D and they do.

DeBord came to the hill and said he would bring back our Power Running game and he did.

Our Tennessee smashmouth running game is back.

We have good Special Teams...finally.

Our good D is back...finally.

When we get our passing game going consistently we can all sceam WE ARE BACK!

We are going to take those Candy Commode Doors and run them through our Vols smashmouth chipper and FLUSH then away to the sewer like they deserve.

I love Tennessee smashmouth football and a D that lays a big slobberknocker on people!

We're going to knock the turkey and dressing right back out of those Commode Doors!!!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Line them up,
Pound then down,
Pound them all day,
round after round.

Pick them up,
Pound them again,
Come back home,
With a solid WIN!

People say the Commode Doors have a good D and they do.

People say Mizzou has a good D and they do.

DeBord came to the hill and said he would bring back our Power Running game and he did.

Our Tennessee smashmouth running game is back.

We have good Special Teams...finally.

Our good D is back...finally.

When we get our passing game going consistently we can all sceam WE ARE BACK!

We are going to take those Candy Commode Doors and run them through our Vols smashmouth chipper and FLUSH then away to the sewer like they deserve.

I love Tennessee smashmouth football and a D that lays a big slobberknocker on people!

We're going to knock the turkey and dressing right back out of those Commode Doors!!!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

The above post has been brought to you...

By THIS GUY:

gay-cheerleader-o.gif

lol - Thanks for a belly-laugh this Thanksgiving morning. :lolabove:

VN Store

Back