UT Football / Rocky Top rep'd by Munford HS Band on Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

knoxvol16

The Volifilator
Just giving recognition to the Munford High School Band for representing UT Football by playing Rocky Top while passing by the CBS commentators.

Obviously, it was all coordinated with the parade officials, as the CBS parade commentators recognized that our unofficial fight song is played every time the Big Orange scores a TD.

Band website: Home

Reactions: 9 people
Just happened to turn to that channel as they were showing them. Very cool.

That was something those kids will never forget. Just think being from a small town Like Munford and being in the Macy's parade in New York.

I wasn't even paying attention and then I started hearing the Rocky Top. Great for those kids.

Munford be represent'n , RT is beautiful music when played in concert by proud Tennesseans . :clapping: :dance: :good!:

Great for recruiting. We can condition those kids to love Rocky Top and it will pay dividends ten years from now. Butch (and Munford) gets it!

Reactions: 4 people
I wasn't even paying attention and then I started hearing the Rocky Top. Great for those kids.
Same here. Wasn't actively watching, but I looked up when I heard Rocky Top. Then I wondered where the heck Munford is..

After standing around with the fam for 5 hours to get a good spot to watch the parade it was a welcome highlight to my thanksgiving trip to NYC.. Very cool indeed

Reactions: 1 person
Saw the band on the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and heard them playing "Rocky Top" as they were departing the picture!

Rocky Top is the fight song used at Munford. They were representing our state but I promise they play the song after every score.

And as far as Macy's goes, that band has won multiple high school national competitions as the best high school band in the country.

Rocky Top is the fight song used at Munford. They were representing our state but I promise they play the song after every score.

And as far as Macy's goes, that band has won multiple high school national competitions as the best high school band in the country.

You think they came up with that themselves? lol

Going to show my age a bit but Aaron Fultz was almost un-hittable in high school when he pitched for Munford. There was a tournament every year at the Olympic baseball stadium and Munford won the state championship I believe in 1991.

You think they came up with that themselves? lol

No they didn't. They have been using the song that someone else wrote in much the same way the university has for many years. I was merely pointing out that they were using the song before Johnny Jones. Although it was nice to hear at the parade, on national television, it was not directed as a statement of support for the university.

Going to show my age a bit but Aaron Fultz was almost un-hittable in high school when he pitched for Munford. There was a tournament every year at the Olympic baseball stadium and Munford won the state championship I believe in 1991.

Saw McGuire and Frank Thomas play at USA around that same time.

VN Store

Back