Darrin Kirkland emerges...

Austin Smith and Quarte Sapp (when healthy) look real good too.

Hopefully Dillon Bates will rebound next year. He looked good before he got hurt last year.

Reactions: 1 person
With Kirkland's emergence, we could have the best LB tandem in the SEC next year with JRM.

JRM should be coming back, if Cam comes back as well...and Tuttle recovers nicely, Martin and Foreman keep getting better. Our defense will be top 3 in the league.

Reactions: 3 people
Remind me again why in the heck jumper got to start early in the year. What a joke butch

Some people want to turn everything into a Butch hate fest. It's pathetic. He's a true frosh and didn't adequately understand the defense early on.

Reactions: 19 people
Kirkland was not ready at first, now he is, it is that simple.

And Jumper was? LOL :crazy::crazy:

I was on the "give Jumper a chance" train. I jumped off real quick. He may be able to provide some quality playing time as a back up but thats it for now. JMO

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
And Jumper was? LOL :crazy::crazy:

I was on the "give Jumper a chance" train. I jumped off real quick. He may be able to provide some quality playing time as a back up but thats it for now. JMO

Jumper wasn't either but the coaches may have thought it could potentially ruin Kirkland by putting him in there too early. Which would have been a good coaching move. I know that's tough for some to wrap their heads around.

Reactions: 9 people
JRM should be coming back, if Cam comes back as well...and Tuttle recovers nicely, Martin and Foreman keep getting better. Our defense will be top 3 in the league.
If all those pieces fall into place we will be in Atlanta next year.

Last edited:

Don't forget a healthy Gaulden too... Defense will be nasty good and deep.

If this is true and they started him for this reason alone......we should cut all ties with the family.

This has to be a major violation of some sort......

His Dad gets a kick out of this. Uh,he is not a big booster but a great big sense of humor.

Is Kirkland this year's Barnett?

Barnett did it from the start, but Kirkland is coming on fast he is learning the mental part of the game now, he will be a force to deal with all Barnett had to do was put his hand down and get after the QB, Kirkland has come a long way sense the Oklahoma game.:rock:

Barnett did it from the start, but Kirkland is coming on fast he is learning the mental part of the game now, he will be a force to deal with all Barnett had to do was put his hand down and get after the QB, Kirkland has come a long way sense the Oklahoma game.:rock:

Cents

I was trying to remember, did Barnett start right out of the gate?

If this is true and they started him for this reason alone......we should cut all ties with the family.

This has to be a major violation of some sort......

Go ahead and make a sign and wave it in front of Neyland...we got your back. :loco:

VN Store

Back