Andy Wood Halftime Show

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
He's a certified bad-A. Did not realize he played for Rascal Flats now.

I used to be in the Jazz program at UT with him. He was really good way back then, and is phenomenal now. He's really blossomed as a player.

Reactions: 1 person
He did an excellent job with those guitar solos with the Pride playing back up. It was an amazing show, and liked the reprise when they brought him back out later in the game to play with the band

Reactions: 2 people
He did an excellent job with those guitar solos with the Pride playing back up. It was an amazing show, and liked the reprise when they brought him back out later in the game to play with the band

Me too.

He's a friend of mine and I can assure you he's still a badass! Playing in Rascal Flatts is pretty prestigious. I assume you only take jobs that are cool and rock and roll, right. Now that is badass.

He's a friend of mine and I can assure you he's still a badass! Playing in Rascal Flatts is pretty prestigious. I assume you only take jobs that are cool and rock and roll, right. Now that is badass.

Well obviously since he is your friend, that negates the quite hilarious remark. Right?

Still a badass; I've seen him perform with Down from Up and solo. shreds every time

The first time I saw him was with DFU. I literally stood 10 feet from him for an hour and half in amazement. Also, love the TN Theater solo of "The Tennessee Waltz."

Getting a job with Rascal Flatts is certainly a step up over working in Scott Stapp's band. Stapp is a train wreck.

They should never ever I mean never let another guitar or fiddle or whatever other string instruments there is that need a amp cause it sounds like pure garbage from where I sit an that's just 30 rows up. The sound system is junk an has been all year no matter how good the performers are an then the band just drowns them out. The only time it sounds good is when it's played on the jumbotron.

You probably like Nickelback.

I don't know. It's a cool idea, but it drowned out the Pride and sounded muffled. I was glad when that part of halftime was over.

Cool on paper, not so cool in practice.

You probably like Nickelback.

I never said I like Rascal Flatts, but you are truly ignorant if you don't acknowledge that they are wildly successful. My kid likes their version of Life is a Hwy because it's in "Cars".
I was an on air personality for the top 40 station in Knoxville for many years and I can promise you nobody has heard Nickelback more than me on here. They are another band, though, that will take not being considered cool. They are rich and lived the Rock and roll lifestyle for many years. I bet Andy would take that gig and it sure wouldn't make him any less badass. He's just a musician from a small town in east TN trying to make it with the big boys.
His last job was playing for Scott Stapp's band. Don't even act like you disliked Creed's first album because it was good and everyone loved it. After that is when they got annoying.

I never said I like Rascal Flatts, but you are truly ignorant if you don't acknowledge that they are wildly successful. My kid likes their version of Life is a Hwy because it's in "Cars".
I was an on air personality for the top 40 station in Knoxville for many years and I can promise you nobody has heard Nickelback more than me on here. They are another band, though, that will take not being considered cool. They are rich and lived the Rock and roll lifestyle for many years. I bet Andy would take that gig and it sure wouldn't make him any less badass. He's just a musician from a small town in east TN trying to make it with the big boys.
His last job was playing for Scott Stapp's band. Don't even act like you disliked Creed's first album because it was good and everyone loved it. After that is when they got annoying.

I am not doubting the guys ability nor knocking how he pays the bills. Rascall Flats is still terrible nonetheless. Are they wildly popular? Sure. And that is just more evidence that they are terrible. Know what else is wildly popular? hip hop..so yeah.

And Creed? Creed is like the father of nickelback who went out to buy a pack of smokes and some Schlitz and never returned.

They should never ever I mean never let another guitar or fiddle or whatever other string instruments there is that need a amp cause it sounds like pure garbage from where I sit an that's just 30 rows up. The sound system is junk an has been all year no matter how good the performers are an then the band just drowns them out. The only time it sounds good is when it's played on the jumbotron.

I was in S row 30 and it was hard to hear. The guy is certainly good but would have liked to have heard more of it.

Last edited:
I am not doubting the guys ability nor knocking how he pays the bills. Rascall Flats is still terrible nonetheless. Are they wildly popular? Sure. And that is just more evidence that they are terrible. Know what else is wildly popular? hip hop..so yeah.

And Creed? Creed is like the father of nickelback who went out to buy a pack of smokes and some Schlitz and never returned.

So, just because you don't like something that means it's terrible? Fascinating. I guess winning a bunch of awards, including a Grammy, means nothing. But FLVol_79 doesn't like them, so absolutely they're terrible.

And Creed? Creed is like the father of Nickelback who went out to buy a pack of smokes and some Schlitz and never returned.

Signature worthy imo. :eek:lol:

So, just because you don't like something that means it's terrible? Fascinating. I guess winning a bunch of awards, including a Grammy, means nothing. But FLVol_79 doesn't like them, so absolutely they're terrible.

Most people have bad taste, what can I say. Hell, even I do. I like the band Deicide :rock:

VN Store

Back